PDA

View Full Version : Ladyhawk cabins Joussard

Safety D
02-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the cabins on the lake? I have one booked in a couple of weeks. We are taking cots and sleeping bags. Any info would be great? Also I was wondering how the fishing has been there?

buckmaster
02-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the cabins on the lake? I have one booked in a couple of weeks. We are taking cots and sleeping bags. Any info would be great? Also I was wondering how the fishing has been there?

The lake is DEAD!

chulsemann
02-18-2010, 06:32 AM
We've booked the same cabins...send an update. Fishing on Slave was great all through the year. 'buckmaster' may have forgotten to use a hook.
Best of Luck...keep yer line wet!!

goldrox
02-18-2010, 09:00 AM
I was there two weeks ago. Bernie and his wife are GREAT people. There was 4 of us and we stayed in the "small" cabin. It was a little tight but we made it work. Depending how many guys you are you may not even need the cots. There is some bedding there that you can use if you choose. Never a bad idea to bring a sleeping bag though. The cabin we stayed in didn't have a full on kitchen but it was good nonetheless. There is everything there one would need to make due for a couple of days.

The shanties out on the ice are nice and big. There was plenty of room for us. Very comfortable. I suggest that you bring some kind of lantern if you plan on staying into the evening. Once the sun goes down you are kind of hooped.

The weekend we went there were some CRAZY winds and it was kind of cold. The ice fishing wasn't all that great but i think it had to do with the weather. The ice drinking was awesome though :) The hut we were in was pretty much lodged in the ice. I'm not sure if he moves them around usually but there was no way the one we were in was moving.

I hope the information helps. I meant to take some pictures of the cabin but got a little distracted ;);););) Let me know if you have any other questions.

gramps73
02-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Great service; Bernie is a great guy and will have you on fish. Bring your rod and camera, the cabins on shore are a little small but warm and nice. The cabins on the ice are large and well heated.
g

Safety D
02-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Do they provide any wood? We are staying at the big cabin right on the lake not on the shore. Were making a portable out house not sure about the bathroom facilities? What about pots and pans ? should we bring everything?

goldrox
02-19-2010, 03:37 PM
i know that they do provide wood in the shanties that are on the ice. I don't know how the big ones are set up though for staying over night. I'm assuming that you would have to make some sort of make shift toilet.

When we were here there were some guys that had brought out a generator, TV and satellite dish so they could watch the super bowl. they had all the gear.

Safety D
02-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Ya we will be set up good. I will give Bernie a call before we go just to touch base with him on everything. I just hope the fishing is not dead !!