PDA

View Full Version : Aqua-vu

Fishgut
02-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Does anyone know if you can use regular truck battery to power the camera

fish on
02-18-2010, 06:05 PM
not too sure. i bought extra batteries and have them charged and switch them out. not too sure about the truck. extra batteries only cost 30-50 its been awhile so i'm not sure

dezmo
02-18-2010, 06:48 PM
well you can but a generator and a tidy tank of desile and throw it in you truck, a 15 horse shoul power that aqua view for 2months of fishin.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lo l:

Full Curl
02-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Done it lots and it still works fine. Built a 10' or 12' cord with alligator clips and went fishing!

nicemustang
02-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Yes it does. 12V is 12V. Don't kill your battery on the ice though, that would suck.

Brock1
02-18-2010, 09:00 PM
i extended my lighter plug in by 25 ft and it works great. just splice the wires and way ya go!! i use the existing battery for about 5 hrs till it dies and then plug in. cost me 80 cents for the wire. just start your truck every hour or 2.. cheap and easy bro...:evilgrin:

Shmag
02-19-2010, 08:54 AM
I started a similar thread a few weeks ago on this as well. Yes it would be fine, i was going to use a smaller quad battery. A few had mentioned to install an in-line fuse, with a quick snap fuse, but not sure if it would be needed as my older aqua view has a fuse in it. Not sure if the newer camera's have this fuse or not, if so that should be enough protection.

On another note...does anyone know where to buy these batteries, i tried WSS and the fishin hole and canadian tire with no success

nicemustang
02-19-2010, 09:20 AM
They are at the fishin hole in Calgary, I was there yesterday. $25. I also saw some at Princess auto a few weeks ago. Bass pro HAD a whole shelf of them, not sure about now.

Brock1
02-19-2010, 12:46 PM
I started a similar thread a few weeks ago on this as well. Yes it would be fine, i was going to use a smaller quad battery. A few had mentioned to install an in-line fuse, with a quick snap fuse, but not sure if it would be needed as my older aqua view has a fuse in it. Not sure if the newer camera's have this fuse or not, if so that should be enough protection.

On another note...does anyone know where to buy these batteries, i tried WSS and the fishin hole and canadian tire with no success

shmag, i ll try and get to princess auto in the next day or 2. they were 15 bucks or so. i can pick u up a couple if you want. ill be up in ur part of the country tues,wed, thurs. u comin out for a day. u can hold my drink if you want...lol...:evilgrin:

Fishgut
02-22-2010, 12:53 PM
thank you for the info, works great saw fish (big Perch ) caught my limit all between 12 and 14 inchs.