PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Mines Derby

Tabers Best
02-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Any updates as to when, how much and how to get tickets or what prizes might be??? Thanks

npauls
02-18-2010, 09:16 PM
It ended up being on family day and was $20. They sold out of tickets really fast. Ended up being some big weights to win it. you needed 5 fish around 14 inches a piece to get into the money. They were not biting unless you wanted to catch 6" fish all day. The big fish were hitting minnows for us but it was few and far between. They really didn't advertise at all and the only reason I found out was from a guy I use to work with that got a call from his mom the week before who had bought 6 tickets for all of us right before they sold out. It will be the same day every year so If I can find out sooner next year I will get all of the info and see if we can get more board members out to that derby.

Nate

Tabers Best
02-18-2010, 10:05 PM
It ended up being on family day and was $20. They sold out of tickets really fast. Ended up being some big weights to win it. you needed 5 fish around 14 inches a piece to get into the money. They were not biting unless you wanted to catch 6" fish all day. The big fish were hitting minnows for us but it was few and far between. They really didn't advertise at all and the only reason I found out was from a guy I use to work with that got a call from his mom the week before who had bought 6 tickets for all of us right before they sold out. It will be the same day every year so If I can find out sooner next year I will get all of the info and see if we can get more board members out to that derby.

Nate

Thanks man

Wes_G
02-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Yeah it was on family day. I know the Beaver Mines store had a poster up for it, not sure if you could have actually got the tickets there or not though.