PDA

View Full Version : Is Badger Rez. Tourney this weekend?

loopyalcsel
02-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Wasn't sure if it was this weekend or next, thanks in advance.

WayneChristie
02-19-2010, 05:25 PM
next Friday Saturday and Sunday. See you on the ice:D

gramps73
02-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Wayne
have you been out on the ice lately, they are calling for rain on the weekend i hope not. How did you make out at Newell?
Gramps

WayneChristie
02-19-2010, 08:43 PM
I skipped Newell, maybe next year. took my oldest son to Clear, PCR and a couple other lakes, had a blast! rains ok I think my ice fishing tent is waterproof, should be, Ive had enough pike splashing it :D looks like a bit of snow down this way tomorrow, and nice on Sunday. going to tease a few pike locally tomorrow and hit Badger again Sunday.

gramps73
02-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Well you picked a good one to miss the fishing was slow, the rain will have an effect on the ice will it not.

WayneChristie
02-19-2010, 08:56 PM
I think with the amount of ice the rain wont make a lot of difference. Im wondering if the warmn weather will keep the fishing this slow or speed it up this time? Guess I will know in about 10 hours :D I imagine Badger will be pretty busy this weekend with people warming up for the derby.

kinwahkly
02-19-2010, 11:41 PM
where do you get tickets for this derby?

gramps73
02-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I could be wrong but i think it is sold out.

WayneChristie
02-20-2010, 07:14 PM
call the hotel in Lomond, they had the last tickets. too bad you dont have the same name as my son, he cant make it so I have his entry too.:lol:

gramps73
02-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Would they not let you change the name.
how was the fishing today

WayneChristie
02-20-2010, 07:55 PM
no refund and no substitutions or something like that, I forget LOL today pike sucked big time, didnt try Badger but in the area sort of. did manage a herd of little perch at Enchant just so I wouldnt get skunked. :lol:

Looper
02-21-2010, 03:08 AM
Unless they have changed things, you are only the purchaser until you register at the derby. I have bought tickets off of other people several years. Doing it again this year.

Thats how it worked the last 22 yrs I'vebeen going to this derby.

Looper

WayneChristie
02-21-2010, 05:51 AM
Unless they have changed things, you are only the purchaser until you register at the derby. I have bought tickets off of other people several years. Doing it again this year.

Thats how it worked the last 22 yrs I'vebeen going to this derby.

Looper

that would be great, I wont be able to fish Friday tho, but if thats the case I will have a ticket available Saturday morning if someone needs it.Unless someone wants to pick it up in Rolling Hills earlier. I dont suppose you would know who to contact in Lomond to find out for sure?

Looper
02-21-2010, 06:46 AM
Call the Hotel and ask for Jan. Ask her to confirm for you. If she doesnt know I bet she'll find out. She's a very nice lady.

Fishin today? Newell was slow but probally goin back today with kids, quad, and sled.

WayneChristie
02-21-2010, 06:51 AM
Call the Hotel and ask for Jan. Ask her to confirm for you. If she doesnt know I bet she'll find out. She's a very nice lady.

Fishin today? Newell was slow but probally goin back today with kids, quad, and sled.

think Im going to hit WSS in Lethbridge early, then probably get out on the ice somewhere. sucks having to drive 90 miles to get gear. I tried HG yesterday, couldnt buy a pike there for once. thanks for the info, I will try and get ahold of her today.

Dano
02-21-2010, 12:05 PM
It's my first year going out to this derby. Pulling my camper out.
Does the derby supply portapotties? If so where do they locate them?
If not where does one do his business?

WayneChristie
02-21-2010, 06:19 PM
It's my first year going out to this derby. Pulling my camper out.
Does the derby supply portapotties? If so where do they locate them?
If not where does one do his business?

depends :evilgrin:

Looper
02-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Yeah dont worry there's an outhouse at the headquarters as well as several of the green plastic shacks at key locations.

Looper

tacklerunner
02-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Anyone know what time registration starts?

WayneChristie
02-21-2010, 08:52 PM
you have to register before you fish, and weigh in starts at 8 so I would assume before 8
http://www.badgerlakeicefishingderby.com/rules.shtml

tacklerunner
02-21-2010, 09:06 PM
That's what I surmised as well but I've been lined up here at the quanset for a day now and I'm getting cold.

WayneChristie
02-21-2010, 09:24 PM
That's what I surmised as well but I've been lined up here at the quanset for a day now and I'm getting cold.

:lol::lol: thanks for letting me know theres someone else out there as crazy as me :evilgrin: