PDA

View Full Version : Sunday

baitfisher83
02-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey I figured I would try this a little sooner than usual...see what response I get..lol I'm hoping to get out on Sunday...only managed one short trip on Sunday of the long weekend....If anyone's heading out and has a spare spot, i'm very willing to go...

baitfisher83
02-20-2010, 08:19 AM
hmmm no response....someone's gotta be goin tomorrow

Fishfinder
02-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Ur passion for fishin is tremendous n great to read.:cool: We would take u but ur a lil too far sry. Here is my suggestion.... if u save 20 bones a week for a year (not unreasonable) jus think in 52 weeks u could be driving a lemon like me..... but it gets me to me fishies? Jus a thought:innocent:

Bud Leight
02-20-2010, 05:29 PM
someone's gotta be goin tomorrow

Yes, there is lots of people going tomorrow. They have vehicles and augers.

baitfisher83
02-20-2010, 09:57 PM
post something useful for once Bud....and still looking for people to go with...

jusfloatin
02-21-2010, 06:26 AM
Yes, there is lots of people going tomorrow. They have vehicles and augers.

It amazes me that someone can be so mean to a person that has done nothing to them. What in your life is being affected so much that you need to post anything in this thread.

Here is my suggestion.... if u save 20 bones a week for a year (not unreasonable) jus think in 52 weeks u could be driving a lemon like me..... but it gets me to me fishies? Jus a thought:innocent:

Not everyone has a job that pays enough to stash $80 a month for a beater not to mention the other $80 a month that needs to be stashed for insurance and then there is gas.

Cut her some slack she has a job and is a single parent just trying to get by. Would a guy be getting the same mean and undeserving slaps some feel compelled to post.

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 09:09 AM
looks like slim pickins today....oh well

DarkAisling
02-21-2010, 09:20 AM
It amazes me that someone can be so mean to a person that has done nothing to them. What in your life is being affected so much that you need to post anything in this thread.

It is not my intent to bash anyone with what I'm about to type.

While I certainly defend anyone's right (including Baitfisher's, and maybe especially hers) to use the forum as a tool to meet new fishing buddies and find rides or carpools, I also have to defend Bud's right to toss out little jabs.

And you know what, he's right. There are lots of people going fishing today. So why doesn't Baitfisher have a ride? It's her approach. To be quite frank, her approach is annoying. Why would someone want to spend hours in a car or out fishing with her if she's annoying on the forum?

As her approach is no longer working, I think with a few little changes she can probably increase her chances of finding rides (and maybe even quiet the naysayers). That would be win-win, wouldn't it?

The first obvious issue is the sheer number of posts with regards to not being able to get somewhere. Not only are they in stand alone threads (like this one), they're littered throughout other posts as well.

The stand alone thread really is the best place for ride requests: this thread is perfect . . . almost. I would really recommend only asking once. That means just bump ("btt" or "ttt") the original query when it hits the second or third page, don't comment again. It sounds whiny and naggy with additional comments, and that's a real turn off. The additional comments will not get you a ride, but a simple bump might.

A good thing to add in any ride request thread is what you're willing to contribute to the trip. You've supplied me with bait and a home-made lunch at times, and there is value in that. A couple of sandwiches, some juice, and some cookies or potato chips is a really nice touch . . . and it saves the driver from having to purchase something on the way out to the lake :) It would be a really good idea to offer a little bit of money for fuel. Even if it is only $5.

When it comes to ice fishing, make sure you've got the gear you need. You need to be able to make a hole in the ice. Don't rely on the person you're going with to do that for you. It is true that the "power-auger-guys" will probably appear and drill the holes for you, but you need an auger in case they don't. And, just because someone gives you a ride, don't expect to be able to use his/her auger.

A tent would be a good idea, too. Little one-man tents can be purchased quite inexpensively. Don't expect the person who is driving you to make room in his/her tent or shack for you.

There have been deals on augers and tents in the "Buy & Sell" section of the forum quite regularly this season, as well as sales at BPS, TFH, and Canadian Tire. What you spent on your Aqua-Vu and boosterpack could have purchased a little tent and a hand auger. While the Aqua-Vu is a fun thing to have, it won't drill a hole in the ice for you or help keep you warm. It really should have been one of the last pieces of gear on your purchase-list.

As your funds are limited, it really is important that you demonstrate to those who might give you a ride (especially if no compensation is offered to the driver) that you are maximizing them and making wise choices.

Two final things . . . almost done! Be sure not to complain (not even in jest) in even the slightest way about what time you'll be picked up or dropped off. And remember . . say "Thank-you" to your driver. Someone has taken the time and effort to help you out, and it is a really good idea to take a moment to show your appreciation. :)

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Thats fine and Dandy for someone who can actually afford all this ****.....I for one would have no problem lending out gear if it was someone else in my position...and I wouldnt expect anything in return...I dont do everything for gratification...

DarkAisling
02-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Actually, I now take back what I said to you in my PM.

There is no longer any room for you in my car or my tent. Period. I personally have completely reach the extent of my graciousness when it comes to you. I'm done enabling you and your pity party.

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Actually, I now take back what I said to you in my PM.

There is no longer any room for you in my car or my tent. Period. I personally have completely reach the extent of my graciousness when it comes to you. I'm done enabling you and your pity party.

I was never looking for a "pity party" just the possibility of friends interested in the same things I am. not ones who seem to think they're better than me.

fishking
02-21-2010, 09:54 AM
I have never commented on this topic before,and this seems to be talked about often (baitfishers poor,poor me attitude). This is a waste of a good thread. I say we ban her from posting! Who is with me?

The Anvil
02-21-2010, 09:58 AM
I have never commented on this topic before,and this seems to be talked about often (baitfishers poor,poor me attitude). This is a waste of a good thread. I say we ban her from posting! Who is with me?

Oh here we go... I think u might find yourself alone on this one.

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 09:59 AM

I'm glad you dont think i'm an useless idiot.

flygirrl
02-21-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm glad you dont think i'm an useless idiot.
Unfortunatly this is not what DarkAisling was implying. No where in her post did she call you or anyone else an idiot. Saying that is inmature. And no, I will not vote to have her banned from posting. She has as much right to post as anyone else on this forum.

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 10:08 AM
BAsically I understood that i'm rarely willing to supply more than sandwiches and i'm just a "whiney, spoiled little brat" and I was supposed to take that lightly...

Renslipevol
02-21-2010, 10:09 AM
:sick:I'm amazed at the amount of bickering there is on this site. It's embarrassing.

troller
02-21-2010, 10:10 AM

I'm not for taking away peoples speech so a ban on posting I don't agree with, maybe just keep it in one thread?

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=52890
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=52389
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=51456
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=50190
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=50704
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=49211
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=48625
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=38753
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=38729
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=38345
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=38283
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=38218
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=37764
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=36995
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=36663
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=36528
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=34912
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=3638

2 a week is a lot

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 10:12 AM
I could do that I guess...although It seems threads get taken over alot lately, new or not.....

troller
02-21-2010, 10:14 AM
I could do that I guess...although It seems threads get taken over alot lately, new or not.....

Just bump it? If it gets side tracked too far then pm lil or Don and they will take care of it :)

Duster
02-21-2010, 10:16 AM
sick of hearing her too......on every post,

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 10:16 AM
lol ok......

flygirrl
02-21-2010, 10:20 AM
BAsically I understood that i'm rarely willing to supply more than sandwiches and i'm just a "whiney, spoiled little brat" and I was supposed to take that lightly...
Nope never take anything lightly.... But learn from it.... If the perception is whiny than change the perception. Instead of " oh I have a drive but i cant stay long as they have to come back " why not try.... Yay I have a drive and Im so grateful that they offered it to me " Than when you get there try to make other arraingements for comming back. If that dosnt work out than be thankful for the time you had..

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 10:24 AM
My wording may be off, but most people who have met me off here, with the exception of maybe 2 that i've seen, know what i'm like in real life......

tacklerunner
02-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Everybody needs to chill!!! Baitfisher, why don't you just create a thread saying:

this is who I am and I have limited means...this is what I have for equipment...I am usually available Sundays and Tuesdays from this time to this time and if there's anyone who has extra space, I would really really appreciate it if I could join you as I really love fishing. Please drop me a post if you are willing to lend me a hand. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Keep bumping it and when someone takes you out post a thread thanking them for taking you.

I don't think it's right to attack you but what people are saying is you come across harsh and demanding. That may not be your intention but try a more appreciative approach and you may have more luck. That's all people are saying. Nobody likes a mooch, not saying you are, but you can come across that way. Be upfront with what you are looking for and lower you expectations.

I don't know you, never met you, so as a neutral party I think you need to be more friendly, appreciative and refine your approach AND keep your negative comments to yourself. Just think before you type.

Like my mother always said "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all".

My neutral advice without prejudice. Take or leave it at that. Defending yourself only makes you look more desperate. Be more positive and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Again, don't defend yourself and say I, I, I, me, me, me. Just listen to what people are saying and adjust.

I too vowed never to comment on this topic but put it to rest.

tacklerunner
02-21-2010, 10:44 AM
nope never take anything lightly.... But learn from it.... If the perception is whiny than change the perception. Instead of " oh i have a drive but i cant stay long as they have to come back " why not try.... Yay i have a drive and im so grateful that they offered it to me " than when you get there try to make other arraingements for comming back. If that dosnt work out than be thankful for the time you had..

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 10:47 AM
I never once tried to act ungrateful.........But it seems some people take things that way

flygirrl
02-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Everybody needs to chill!!! Baitfisher, why don't you just create a thread saying:

this is who I am and I have limited means...this is what I have for equipment...I am usually available Sundays and Tuesdays from this time to this time and if there's anyone who has extra space, I would really really appreciate it if I could join you as I really love fishing. Please drop me a post if you are willing to lend me a hand. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Keep bumping it and when someone takes you out post a thread thanking them for taking you.

I don't think it's right to attack you but what people are saying is you come across harsh and demanding. That may not be your intention but try a more appreciative approach and you may have more luck. That's all people are saying. Nobody likes a mooch, not saying you are, but you can come across that way. Be upfront with what you are looking for and lower you expectations.

I don't know you, never met you, so as a neutral party I think you need to be more friendly, appreciative and refine your approach AND keep your negative comments to yourself. Just think before you type.

Like my mother always said "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all".

My neutral advice without prejudice. Take or leave it at that. Defending yourself only makes you look more desperate. Be more positive and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Again, don't defend yourself and say I, I, I, me, me, me. Just listen to what people are saying and adjust.

Well said

AK47
02-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Wow, quite a can of worms opened here? I do not understand why some of you attacking her? Whats wrong with asking to take her for fishing? She obviously loves fishing and unfortunately doesn't have a car and in her defense I can tell that she was neither annoying nor demanding one time I took her fishing. She chipped in gas money and that's all I was asking for her - I would not have any problems taking her next time if I will have room. I think it is actually quite rude and arrogant to expect that somebody would make you meal or supply bait just because you drive them to the lake. Just because you are more fortunate it doesn't give you right to bash others or question their equipment choices.
Fishing is about relaxation in nature, meeting new friends, learning from each other and having lots of fun. This forum I believe is about the same right?

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Wow, quite a can of worms opened here? I do not understand why some of you attacking her? Whats wrong with asking to take her for fishing? She obviously loves fishing and unfortunately doesn't have a car and in her defense I can tell that she was neither annoying nor demanding one time I took her fishing. She chipped in gas money and that's all I was asking for her - I would not have any problems taking her next time if I will have room. I think it is actually quite rude and arrogant to expect that somebody would make you meal or supply bait just because you drive them to the lake. Just because you are more fortunate it doesn't give you right to bash others or question their equipment choices.
Fishing is about relaxation in nature, meeting new friends, learning from each other and having lots of fun. This forum I believe is about the same right?
you're one of the good ones AK, hopefully I can go with ya again so you can outfish me..lol

New Hunter Okotoks
02-21-2010, 11:43 AM
I don't see anything wrong with wanting to meet new people and go out fishing.But you should be offering to split fuel costs with whomever is driving.

Replying to threads about new Rapalas and how you would like to buy one but they're so expensive................come on.How can you say that you're not looking for pity replying like that.

Fishing and hunting ARE expensive past times:
4x4 pickup-$40,000.00
power auger-$500.00
portable shelter-$500.00
misc.tackle,lines etc-$500.00
fuel PER trip-$80.00-$100.00
Beer/Booze-????

Someone wanting it for nothing..........PRICELESS!!!!!!

If you can't afford fuel,lures lines etc. maybe you should look for a part-time job on Sundays and Tuesdays.

Redfrog
02-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Well I guess I just don't get it.

We have someone who asks if anyone has room to take her out. It is obvious from past posts she doesn't have a vehicle or gear or whatever.

Take her or don't, but she didn't ask for an character assessment. She got in a fishing forum and asked for a ride to go fishing. Isn't that what we should encourage.

If you have some advice, send a pm., or take her out and talk to her face to face.
If you have taken her out and it didn't work, then man up and tell her then, the whys and wherefors..

Piling on some one on the internet is turning into a national sport.

JohninAB
02-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Hear hear redfrog!

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Well I guess I just don't get it.

We have someone who asks if anyone has room to take her out. It is obvious from past posts she doesn't have a vehicle or gear or whatever.

Take her or don't, but she didn't ask for an character assessment. She got in a fishing forum and asked for a ride to go fishing. Isn't that what we should encourage.

If you have some advice, send a pm., or take her out and talk to her face to face.
If you have taken her out and it didn't work, then man up and tell her then, the whys and wherefors..

Piling on some one on the internet is turning into a national sport.

Looks like a bunch of gold medals to me...lol

buckmaster
02-21-2010, 01:08 PM
you need to move to edmonton and fish with the pros! and x2, good post redfrog.We are also alot nicer up here:evilgrin:

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 01:14 PM
There's a few good ones down here Buck, dont get me wrong, but there's alot of "holier than thou" people in this city too.....If I could move away I would..lol

Paul C
02-21-2010, 01:22 PM
:sick:I'm amazed at the amount of bickering there is on this site. It's embarrassing.
X3:o A single Mom has a work day of 24 hours that equals 155520 hours of work until the child is eighteen.

pecker
02-21-2010, 01:50 PM

as has been stated before - don't read it - YOU DON'T HAVE TO - everyone on this is forum is entitled to post - you're not forced to read it. ;) :wave:

Chris88CL
02-21-2010, 02:12 PM
as has been stated before - don't read it - YOU DON'T HAVE TO - everyone on this is forum is entitled to post - you're not forced to read it. ;) :wave:

While this is true, there's a limit to everything. If I started multiple threads every week complaining that I have no means to go fishing I would expect the same results that we've seen here.

I dont think people have an issue with a request for help or a hand up when someone is down. That can be seen by how long this has gone on already. People have been very gracious and EXTREMELY patient and understanding from what I've seen so far. This thread just seems to be a compilation of feelings that have been building up for a long time. Sooner or later it does get old.

Personally after the 5-6th post within a month when I first joined I passed judgement on baitfisher without ever meeting her. It's unfortunate, but true. Personal situations aside, if you have time for a hobby then you have time to find a way to SUPPORT that hobby. There's been many many times throughout my lift when I havent had the financial means to do what I love to do (this is actually one of those times for me). My solution? I dont go. It just motivates me to find a way to make it happen the next week.

While we all love fishing, if you cant afford it then you dont need to go every week. Especially when it means asking for handouts. I guess I just find it disrespectful when it seems like it's expected that someone step up to take you fishing every week. If you love fishing that much, hop on the bus and hit the bow. It's still open water in the south of the city.

Buck Krazy
02-21-2010, 03:38 PM
About time somebody said somthing!! Thanks guys. Maybe she would have better luck finding a "ride" on a dating site like Plenty of Fish! :lol:

Deano
02-21-2010, 03:57 PM
About time somebody said somthing!! Thanks guys. Maybe she would have better luck finding a "ride" on a dating site like Plenty of Fish! :lol:

Plenty of Fish sounds like a great name for a fishing forum!!!

Albertadiver
02-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Just bump it? If it gets side tracked too far then pm lil or Don and they will take care of it :)

Great idea - keeps the contraversy out of things and is a little more respectful if kept to a single thread as opposed to dozens.

Very good suggestions

While this is true, there's a limit to everything. If I started multiple threads every week complaining that I have no means to go fishing I would expect the same results that we've seen here.

I dont think people have an issue with a request for help or a hand up when someone is down. That can be seen by how long this has gone on already. People have been very gracious and EXTREMELY patient and understanding from what I've seen so far. This thread just seems to be a compilation of feelings that have been building up for a long time. Sooner or later it does get old.

Personally after the 5-6th post within a month when I first joined I passed judgement on baitfisher without ever meeting her. It's unfortunate, but true. Personal situations aside, if you have time for a hobby then you have time to find a way to SUPPORT that hobby. There's been many many times throughout my lift when I havent had the financial means to do what I love to do (this is actually one of those times for me). My solution? I dont go. It just motivates me to find a way to make it happen the next week.

While we all love fishing, if you cant afford it then you dont need to go every week. Especially when it means asking for handouts. I guess I just find it disrespectful when it seems like it's expected that someone step up to take you fishing every week. If you love fishing that much, hop on the bus and hit the bow. It's still open water in the south of the city.

I'm of a similar mind as this as well. Well said.

I have PM'd Baitfisher in the past as well, because I didn't want to derail a thread or appear as someone 'attacking her' so I used the PM's as they are intended, to have a private conversation between two people.

There are ways to let it be known that you'd like a ride in a polite manner. Most of the folks on this thread are trying to gently offer some advice / counsel which appears to be continualy ignored.

Shelly has taken Baitfisher out fishing before, so her comments are that much more valid as she actually DID extend an offer to provide transportation etc.

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm glad I could give you guys a chance to feel better about yourselves by cutting me down. to those of you who have helped me without wanting Gratification, thank you. I hope we can fish together alot more."
for those of you that i didn't give a huge thank you to or advertise it to others.. i want you to know that your kindness and company were more than appreciated. thank you so much for bringing me along.

sheepguide
02-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Really guys does this affect you in any way? If she wishes to try and get out fishing it is her buisness and the person offering to take her. Its really none of your buisness what she post and if she wants to ask ten times a day thats totaly up to her. If you dont agree then dont open her threads. But dont bash her for trying to do something she obviously is passionate about.

The Anvil
02-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Really guys does this affect you in any way? If she wishes to try and get out fishing it is her buisness and the person offering to take her. Its really none of your buisness what she post and if she wants to ask ten times a day thats totaly up to her. If you dont agree then dont open her threads. But dont bash her for trying to do something she obviously is passionate about.

I would agree with you on that.

hal53
02-21-2010, 05:37 PM
X2!!!!!....looks like a lot of people have nothing to do but b**** about somebody else's posts. Shouldn't u whiners be out fishing????

MK2750
02-21-2010, 06:19 PM

Well said. I wrote a few responses down but deleted them for fear of getting banned.

Attacking a single mother who works full time on top of raising a child for not having the means to go fishing?:huh:

An all time low for the forum IMHO :mad:

fishking
02-21-2010, 06:35 PM
No one is bashing her for being a single mother or for not having the means to go fishing. It is how she is always going about it.PM people,dont always throw in the (" I 'll go if somebody can drive me") in to every one elses conversations.

hal53
02-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Funny...don't normally bother with this, but checked back on some threads....some..not all, of the whiners are the same ones who previously posted "i,m going to lake X tomorrow..any advice on where to get on the lake?, where should I set up??. how deep should the water be?,,,what should I use for bait?? what time is best???...and then precede it or finish by saying I'm taking my nephew/niece with me so, I really want to catch some fish:lol::lol::lol: gotta love fisher people!!!!

MK2750
02-21-2010, 06:50 PM
No one is bashing her for being a single mother or for not having the means to go fishing. It is how she is always going about it.PM people,dont always throw in the (" I 'll go if somebody can drive me") in to every one elses conversations.

If she sends a PM then the person would feel obligated to take her or feel badly having to explain why not. By just putting it out there she avoids making people feel awkward.

I read a bunch of her posts after reading this and she is doing nothing wrong.

She just asks to go fishing. If you don't want to take her then move on. Why this bothers anyone is beyond me.

sheepguide
02-21-2010, 06:57 PM

Does it really ruin your day if she does say "Ill go if someone can drive me"?
Little kids dwell on **** like that. There is her avatar and name above each of her posts, if it bothers you so bad skip them posts. And im sure at the end of the day you will be ok!!!!!!

This is a chat forum and people have the right to post when ever they feel.

tacklerunner
02-21-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm glad I could give you guys a chance to feel better about yourselves by cutting me down. to those of you who have helped me without wanting Gratification, thank you. I hope we can fish together alot more."
for those of you that i didn't give a huge thank you to or advertise it to others.. i want you to know that your kindness and company were more than appreciated. thank you so much for bringing me along.

I think this attitude will give you the respect you want and deserve. I also heard that your are a "good angler, really good".

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 08:47 PM
If it doesn't then oh well, I know there are good people on this board..the ones who think they're better than me??I dont need them in my life.....hats off to the good ones on here

WayneChristie
02-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Christine I dont see where anyone says they think they are better than you. Its the methods not the person that some people disagree with. But everyone is different, some people just think differently than others, and some dont think at all.

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Christine I dont see where anyone says they think they are better than you. Its the methods not the person that some people disagree with. But everyone is different, some people just think differently than others, and some dont think at all.

HEre's a quote for ya.. "Someone wanting it for nothing..........PRICELESS!!!!!!"
Seems self righteous to me.....

WayneChristie
02-21-2010, 09:12 PM
HEre's a quote for ya.. "Someone wanting it for nothing..........PRICELESS!!!!!!"
Seems self righteous to me.....

guess you see things in your own way, I cant argue with you there. and wont. have fun.

jacob1202
02-21-2010, 09:14 PM
yep move to edm... me and the old lady are always looking for people to fish with... more conversation and maybe a person might even learn smth ... and the dude who said smth about priceless... the stuff he listed... lol 40 000 for a truck and 500 for an auger and whatever else... im glad to see that you have alot of money and i bet your poor freinds outfish you everytime... thats good for ya... it tells me right away what kind of person u are... if u cant take her out fishing then shut up ... why even say anything... i forgot... ur better.... it makes me happy to see she is wanting to get out fishing ... maybe the posts were annoying and yes even offer to throw in $5 for gas... whenever someone offers me money for gas i decline anyway... it seems like for some people fishing has become more than just a pastime or a way to treat your family to the odd albertas own meal... its become a nasty sport of bickering and better than... whatever... your welcome to fish with me anytime!!!!

tacklerunner
02-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Ignore it. If something is offensive to you then why even take the time and effort to respond????? Really you're better off to post nothing at all or make light of it. You are getting so offended by all these comments, it can't be healthy but you are showing your weakness by admitting it and defending yourself. Then you are easy prey. The people that are hurting you know they are and the ones that know your hurting know. So let it go even if it's hard. Pleeeeeze. Let's talk about fishing. Ok?

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 09:17 PM
yep move to edm... me and the old lady are always looking for people to fish with... more conversation and maybe a person might even learn smth ... and the dude who said smth about priceless... the stuff he listed... lol 40 000 for a truck and 500 for an auger and whatever else... im glad to see that you have alot of money and i bet your poor freinds outfish you everytime... thats good for ya... it tells me right away what kind of person u are... if u cant take her out fishing then shut up ... why even say anything... i forgot... ur better.... it makes me happy to see she is wanting to get out fishing ... maybe the posts were annoying and yes even offer to throw in $5 for gas... whenever someone offers me money for gas i decline anyway... it seems like for some people fishing has become more than just a pastime or a way to treat your family to the odd albertas own meal... its become a nasty sport of bickering and better than... whatever... your welcome to fish with me anytime!!!!

I'm seriously thinking If I can get time off Work I should head up to Edmonton with my stuff and get a group of the northerners together.......Of course yes, blasphemous as it might be, i'd need a ride in and out of town since I dont have 40 grand for a pickup :lol:

jacob1202
02-21-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm seriously thinking If I can get time off Work I should head up to Edmonton with my stuff and get a group of the northerners together.......Of course yes, blasphemous as it might be, i'd need a ride in and out of town since I dont have 40 grand for a pickup :lol:

cool... well hit wabamun and u wont want to go back lol

baitfisher83
02-21-2010, 09:33 PM
lol, i'm a tough one to get away from a fishing spot..

Buck Krazy
02-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Is it possible to block a person so you don't have to read their posts?

AK47
02-21-2010, 10:53 PM
I am wondering if it would be possible to make sticky thread where people would looking for some fishing partners. My friend bailed on me for tomorrow :mad3: and I really do not want to go alone so thread like that would be nice to look for some company.

Albertadiver
02-21-2010, 10:56 PM
I am wondering if it would be possible to make sticky thread where people would looking for some fishing partners. My friend bailed on me for tomorrow :mad3: and I really do not want to go alone so thread like that would be nice to look for some company.

That sounds like a great idea!

My previous post was not meant to offend. It was meant as constructive critiscism.

This IS the ole internets so people can do as they wish. I was just wanting to perhaps improve things a bit. Not meant to be in a negative light.

Jimboy
02-22-2010, 02:31 AM
I don't see anything wrong with wanting to meet new people and go out fishing.But you should be offering to split fuel costs with whomever is driving.

Replying to threads about new Rapalas and how you would like to buy one but they're so expensive................come on.How can you say that you're not looking for pity replying like that.

Fishing and hunting ARE expensive past times:
4x4 pickup-$40,000.00
power auger-$500.00
portable shelter-$500.00
misc.tackle,lines etc-$500.00
fuel PER trip-$80.00-$100.00
Beer/Booze-????

Someone wanting it for nothing..........PRICELESS!!!!!!

If you can't afford fuel,lures lines etc. maybe you should look for a part-time job on Sundays and Tuesdays.

Dont forget the smokes:sick:

troller
02-22-2010, 06:30 AM
Is it possible to block a person so you don't have to read their posts?

Go to "user CP" then on the list to the left click on "edit ignore list" put in the username of member you wish to ignore, click "okay", done. From then on all you will see is their name but no post.

Kim473
02-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Im sure glad I usually go to another site, it has better people on it.

Morph1
02-22-2010, 12:32 PM

and why would you then stick your nosy nose in here ???,
don't bother coming back !!, nothing but bad bad people on this site :lol:

I suddenly feel bad for baitfisher ..., I know we are all different and nobody is likely perfect , give her a bit of a break , I am not a fan of her posts but on the other hand she has a right to post whatever she wants and ask for help as she pleases... just ignore her if you don't like her posts , thats what I usually do, but guys !! , men !!! calling a women down in a picking smart ars manner is a bit low at least from my standards...
man up , shut up and stop whining like a little b***hes !!!

kinwahkly
02-22-2010, 12:48 PM
I dont see anything wrong in someone asking for a ride to go fishing, if it bugs someone then you have the right to ignore her posts.

firegod74
02-22-2010, 01:11 PM

X2

I'm kinda upset that a moderator didn't shut this thread down once the bashing became personal. The girl likes to fish. Last summer I hardly took the boat out because I had no one to go with. If someone in the Slave area wanted to ask twice a week for a fishing partner I would have got out more myself.

sheepguide
02-22-2010, 01:31 PM

We are sure glad you do too!:rolleye2:

bucktaker
02-22-2010, 08:27 PM
I went out fishing with her. We went to clear and pcr. I had no prob with her. She seemed fine and dandy i think she also out fished me lol. Picked her up dropped her off at home. Good conversation, New friends. That is what fishing and hunting is about. Who gives a crap about how much your gear costs if you can't really enjoy it. To have someone that appreciates some of the stuff we have collected over the years and the knowledge we all bring to the table should be shared. Take a look at all the threads of people asking where, when, how, to fish/hunt. This site is full of it. If we didnt have the time and resources we would probably have nothing to talk about. PS. She paid her way.

baitfisher83
02-22-2010, 08:32 PM
I went out fishing with her. We went to clear and pcr. I had no prob with her. She seemed fine and dandy i think she also out fished me lol. Picked her up dropped her off at home. Good conversation, New friends. That is what fishing and hunting is about. Who gives a crap about how much your gear costs if you can't really enjoy it. To have someone that appreciates some of the stuff we have collected over the years and the knowledge we all bring to the table should be shared. Take a look at all the threads of people asking where, when, how, to fish/hunt. This site is full of it. If we didnt have the time and resources we would probably have nothing to talk about. PS. She paid her way.

Hopefully we can get out and you can attempt outfishing me next time :P

3jetboat
02-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Unreal I used to just sit and look at some of the pic on this site ,then i would show some of the guys how some one would be ripp'n some one else apart like apack of wolves.Not sure anymore . Almost like the Days Of Our Lives.

Sandalius
02-22-2010, 09:23 PM
This thread makes me laugh :lol::lol:

There are a few good points and questions

Does she put up a lot of these "poor me - pity" posts - YES
Are they starting to get annoying - YES ( but most people won't say it )
Has she been advised / criticized about methods and tactics - YES
Will she change her tactics ---- MAYBE
Does she have every right to make these posts/ threads - ABSOLUTLY
Does everyone else have every right to respond to these posts - ABSOLUTLY
Does anyone have to read these posts - NO
Am I gonna get some flack over this - PROBABLY

This is the best part - people responding to and about all the "whining, pity party" posts and give some constructive criticism and helpful tips - then getting called out for bashing a single mom.

Way too many knights in shining armour here - better run to the damsel in distress. ( bunch of internet hero's :lol::lol: )

I didn't see any bashing - I did see some really good responses and some good criticism.

Isn't this what the place is all about ????

sheepguide
02-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Sandalius obviously its not all that annoying because all you zipper heads that keep complaining about it are in here reading every word.
SG

Geezle
02-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Wow.

Just wow.

Sandalius
02-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Seems to me that I wasn't complaining just stating the facts.
Maybe you should go back and re read my first and last lines then you could go and shine up your armour.

baitfisher83
02-22-2010, 09:38 PM
Just because they back me up it doesn't make them "internet heroes" they're just not *******es.

WayneChristie
02-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Sandalius obviously its not all that annoying because all you zipper heads that keep complaining about it are in here reading every word.
SG

its entertaining. everyone has an opinion, yet so few of you have facts. and whats a zipperhead? Im new to these newfangled insults, can you toss me a few more for practice? :wave:

Fishfinder
02-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Wow.

Just wow.

Yup:(

Sandalius
02-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Just because they back me up it doesn't make them "internet heroes" they're just not *******es.

But apparently the rest of us are........ Nice

FishingForLife
02-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Wow....after reading all that mumbo through-out the page, something came to my mind. What happend to all the fishing and hunting chat? I thought thats what this was for?

baitfisher83
02-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Wow....after reading all that mumbo through-out the page, something came to my mind. What happend to all the fishing and hunting chat? I thought thats what this was for?

Lately this place has been used more for personal attacks and pointing out of character flaws..well flaws in the eyes of some that is...

hockey1099
02-22-2010, 09:47 PM
its entertaining. everyone has an opinion, yet so few of you have facts. and whats a zipperhead? Im new to these newfangled insults, can you toss me a few more for practice? :wave:

zipperhead

1. A derogatory term used in reference to people of Asian descent.

It is said to have been coined during the Korean war by frontline troops whom had run over enemy troops in jeeps.

The soldiers claimed that the tire tracks from the jeeps left a pattern resembling that of a closed zipper along the corpse.
Damn, look at all the zipperheads here, it's like they've just taken over

baitfisher83
02-22-2010, 09:48 PM
i'm not sure how the zipperhead thing ties in here..lol

FishingForLife
02-22-2010, 09:48 PM
I usually just bum around this site looking for the latest fishing reports and info. I would have never thought this had turned into myspace or facebook garbage. If you sign up for a site like this, you should have nothing but fishing or hunting on the mind wouldnt you think?

sheepguide
02-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Which part, The part where you think her posts are "pity me posts"? , the part where you say she is annoying? For one if people think this why worry about it. It doesnt affect them.

She simply posted wanting to go fishing. If you arent wanting to or dont like the way she posts dont open the threads. Why should anyone here be a critic on how she should ask. Why should she have to do it to your guys liking.

If you figure guys like me thinking that anyone that has commented against her are in the wrong is being an internet hero well thats your call. Personaly I could really care less what you guys think. Anyone saying anything against anyone asking for a little honest help or info are the real spinless ones.
SG

WayneChristie
02-22-2010, 09:51 PM
but Im not Asian :D I am a fisherman. well, I could be both, but Im not. Ive had a knot in my head, but never a zipper

Mrs.SheepGuide
02-22-2010, 09:53 PM
I usually just bum around this site looking for the latest fishing reports and info. I would have never thought this had turned into myspace or facebook garbage. If you sign up for a site like this, you should have nothing but fishing or hunting on the mind wouldnt you think?

Agreed!!!

roachman
02-22-2010, 10:15 PM
SG

evidently you have also read every word and it's not that annoying to you either. So would you like to join your so called zipperhead club? Leave the girl alone already and lets all get on with the fishing. If y'all wanna pick on someone pick on me... wayne already said.. my nickname was gonna be trouble.. so might as well find a new target tonight and leave baitfisher alone for a moment or two. At least til she starts the next thread!!! What do you say wayne... my turn now or what??? lol

Sandalius
02-22-2010, 10:23 PM
This thread makes me laugh :lol::lol:
and
Isn't this what the place is all about ????

All the other points came from the thread ( except for the getting flack part )

My main point was about the thread not about her

She simply posted wanting to go fishing. If you arent wanting to or dont like the way she posts dont open the threads. Why should anyone here be a critic on how she should ask. Why should she have to do it to your guys liking.

I believe that most posters intentions were offering her better / aternative methods in asking - resulting in getting more responses for her.

But alas getting jumped on by some for bashing....

Anyone saying anything against anyone asking for a little honest help or info are the real spinless ones.
SG

I too could care less what anyone thinks of me, but you don't see me jumping on anyone for for helping someone else out with advise or cirticism whether it be to my approval or not.
Offering advise and criticism is what this site is all about.

Apparently this topic has been on peoples minds for a while now and some said what they feel - happens in lots of threads, this ones no different.

WayneChristie
02-22-2010, 10:23 PM
ok roachman :) except you arent annoying except to those people who want their garbage to stay where they dump it at the fishing holes :D

roachman
02-22-2010, 10:29 PM
ok roachman :) except you arent annoying except to those people who want their garbage to stay where they dump it at the fishing holes :D

lol ha ha ha funny man!!!! I'd even take your garbage home! so there! maybe I would pay for my license as well just with your salvageables! for the record as well I didn't mean my last post to be directed at sheep... it was for the other one that mentioned it all. Sue me... I am new at this quote and post thing! Getting much better with all the action around here mind you. :wave:

WayneChristie
02-22-2010, 10:34 PM
I drink wine, so I dont have as many bottles to knock over. :tongue2:
and after how many hundreds of posts in this thread, I still dont know if baitfisher even got to go fishing Sunday!!!! :lol: at least I think thats what this post was originally about :D

baitfisher83
02-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Yes Wayne, for a short time, hoping to get out this sunday for a longer run....got no more fish in the house!!lol

WayneChristie
02-22-2010, 10:40 PM
I did wayne for a short time, hoping to get out this sunday for a longer run....got no more fish in the house!!lol

good, but please re-phrase that, its gonna cause a sh1tstorm!! :lol:

baitfisher83
02-22-2010, 10:45 PM

Haha oh enlighten me, I don't know what i screwed up on that one....

firegod74
02-22-2010, 10:45 PM

LOL Thats how I read it at first. But then my mind crawled out of the gutter, and I understood the intent.

baitfisher83
02-22-2010, 10:47 PM
i did NOT "do Wayne for a short time" you pervert..lol

firegod74
02-22-2010, 10:49 PM
i did NOT "do Wayne for a short time" you pervert..lol

If you did he might take you fishing more often:innocent:

WayneChristie
02-22-2010, 10:50 PM
told ya so! :lol:

baitfisher83
02-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah but the wife would kill me......since I dont fit down a hole she'd have to get out a gun and shoot me

jts1
02-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Have you all lost your frickn minds ?? This is the single most ******ed thread I have ever seen on here , and I have seen some stupid ones. I just cant believe that this is the same group of people.

When did this become facebook.....

Is there some valid points Any one of you can ask Baitfisher about my opinion on this topic. At the gathering we did up in Caroline , at 3AM sitn around the fire after a mass amount of spirits. I openly "xpressed" my thoughts on this matter. More than one member on this thread was there.

The difference ???

I did it face to face said what I had to say and that was that. It at no point turned into a personal vendetta to belittle some one publicly.

Last time I checked thats what adults did. So start acting like some.

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD

howlin
02-22-2010, 11:33 PM
wow i cant believe the slagging going on,and baitfisher,my hat is off to you for taking it as well as you have.its cool that you are looking for a fishing day ride so if you pm me we might be able to work in something in a few weeks time if your still keen.and for the slaggers out there relax,what is with all the hate?perhaps a sticky thread is just what we need hear.i could use something like that ,i have a4x and gear but no place to go that i know(calgary area)a partner with knowledge would be just the ticket

Kim473
02-23-2010, 06:48 AM
When I joined this site I thought there was a lot of good info here and good and bad people like any other site has. Now after reading this thread I Know there are a lot of ignorant missinformed idiots here. There posts will show them to you after they read this and post some comments about this one. LMAO. They should rename this site to suit these people. You can imagine the name I'm thinking of but will not post it, as I will not bring myself down to to there level. Come on guys give it your best shot, and show us what your really made of. Men with big balls or men who wish they had big balls and pretend to. Oh and by the way i'm a man don't let the name fool you.

Morph1
02-23-2010, 07:25 AM
When I joined this site I thought there was a lot of good info here and good and bad people like any other site has. Now after reading this thread I Know there are a lot of ignorant missinformed idiots here. There posts will show them to you after they read this and post some comments about this one. LMAO. They should rename this site to suit these people. You can imagine the name I'm thinking of but will not post it, as I will not bring myself down to to there level. Come on guys give it your best shot, and show us what your really made of. Men with big balls or men who wish they had big balls and pretend to. Oh and by the way i'm a man don't let the name fool you.

lol , yo cinderella what are you still doing here :lol::lol: ?
do us a favour grow some balls and part with this forum...,
haven't you discovered a better community out there !!!

GEEEZZ, somebody please LOCK this thread or I swear I am gonna throw my computer out the window and snap all my rods like tooth picks !!!! :lol::lol:

Kim473
02-23-2010, 09:29 AM
LOL. ur funny.

Jims71duster
02-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Lmao,,I'm a self-confirmed a-hole and most of this thread offends me, If I was driving by someones place and they needed a ride I would take them and Im a dick lol. My wife, however, has issues with me picking up strange (meaning I dont know them) ladies and driving them to remote places hours a way. She's bad that way. Anywho, back to story, I have not seen any threads that started out "hey baitfisher, I'm goin fishin wanna come". That means ,I would assume, they need to say "hey,i'm baitfisher, I'd like to go fishin, anyone goin" Not one of they people complaining have never takin a ride out fishin or hunting or even to work. We all have, so be a descent human and turn on that filter that we all have that lies between you brain and your mouth ( fingers in this case) and remember not everything you think needs to come out. I'm not pretending I don't spout off now and again but I too need to be reminded to keep my pie-hole shut now and again because even tho you can hurt someone does not mean you need to. So lets play nice and help out hose we can and maybe others will help out those I cant. Remember (saw this on another thread) DON'T ARGUE WITH THE IDIOTS, THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE. Be nice, be happy and be compasionate,,,,,,hows that for a rant

Big Bull
02-23-2010, 10:18 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: For anybody wanting to know why this thread hasn't been shut down, who the **** knows! But it doesn't suprise me. All I know is I got banned for saying something a while ago not even near the same 'harshness' level' as some of the posts in this thread, and this thread has now gotten to 4 pages without a peep from anyone with authority? Seems like especially ROB likes to bust out the banning axe when anything with any bit of controversy behind it is said, im suprised he hasn't been in here banning until his clicking finger siezes up. What a joke this whole board has become and the people running it (with the exception of a couple good mod's here). All I can do is sit back and laugh. Thats really all somebody could do in this situation!

BTW, wheres TreeGuy in all this? Why hasn't he chimed in yet with his expected dribble? He sure had lots to say last time :lol:
I would have closed it sooner, but I stopped reading the fishing forum because of threads like this.