PDA

View Full Version : Buck Lake

valve god
02-20-2010, 07:02 AM
heading for Buck Lake (south of DraytonValley) I was told walleye were biting all week I wll let you know:wave:

FishFearMe
02-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Best of luck to ya. Will be interested to know how you do.

steveo955
02-20-2010, 12:15 PM
was there on monday. brutally slow! saw two or three jacks. nothing else. fished the north side? by the park where that small creek flows out. good luck. let us know how it was

perchie15
02-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Yeah I love in Alder flats went there twice and had no luck!! Dam lake gotta be fished out lol!! Stupid commercial fishing!!

valve god
02-21-2010, 06:55 AM
:mad3: Started at 8:30 moved 4 times went from deep to shallow and shallow to deep. Had 2 nibbles all day talked to some locals "Nothing":mad2:
The natives have their nets in going for whites. We threw everything we had at them and still nothing. :cry: the weather was great and it still was a beautiful day to be fishing. We worked the west side of the lake, started about a mile south of the outlet and kept working south. If anybody has any tips on that lake would be greatly apprecated:D

dezmo
02-21-2010, 08:35 AM
if the indians are netting it for whites then the lake willgo to **** cause the walleye get caught up in the nets too. even though they say they don't thay do...:mad3::mad2::mad3::mad2:

perchie15
02-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Its not the indians netting it out.. that could be part of the reason yes... But the lake is open to commercial fishing!!! Anyone can get a netting license.. If they even sell them anymore for that lake.. but the netting season was in the first week of jan for 2 days.. even white people can use nets out there... No different then pigeon lake

perchie15
02-22-2010, 07:26 PM
:mad3: Started at 8:30 moved 4 times went from deep to shallow and shallow to deep. Had 2 nibbles all day talked to some locals "Nothing":mad2:
The natives have their nets in going for whites. We threw everything we had at them and still nothing. :cry: the weather was great and it still was a beautiful day to be fishing. We worked the west side of the lake, started about a mile south of the outlet and kept working south. If anybody has any tips on that lake would be greatly apprecated:D

Usually I go on the east side.. just off the point straight north of the south campground.. or even Calhoun Bay! Thats good in the winter.. or very north infront of greystone was good lastyear dunno bout this year..

valve god
02-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Thanks perchie I may try that side of the lake but really starting to get :mad3: at that lake. Fished there in the summer and have had good luck but nothing through the hard water. If I go this weekend will let you know. 5 weekends left of icefishing and then get ready for soft water:D

perchie15
02-23-2010, 09:47 PM
5weeks? wow so soon?!?! I fished there couple times in summer to alright luck but i hate putting my boat in that lake late summer turns it all green and just looks bad!! So I go to Pigeon when that happens!! But ya it be good to know thanks :)

I know my buddys daddy has a netting license for buck lake.. and they set out 3 nets i think it was and they only caught 26fish, over the 2days span.. and its the worst year hes ever had!! So I do believe sadly that the lake is soon to be fished out!!. To many ppl that live near the lake.. take there 1walleye home and go right back out again.. continuously... And in the long term they freezer burn!! :mad2: