PDA

View Full Version : Wabamun Today... Post how your Day went

RedFisher
02-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Well decided to go to old faithfull... and well great trip.Vpinch brought his girlfried out who caught her very first pike on hardwater....well her very first fish on hard water.... didnt bing the boat but fished a spot i havent fished in a few years and well worth the walk... in about 1 hour we landed 5 pike and lost one nice sized perch at the top of the hole...really surprised how many decent sized ones we seen... the pike were biting on twin tail red and yellow tiger striped jiggs ... Vpinch another member had a really big one on .... well over 20 pounds... he straighten the hook straighter than an arrow when he was in the hole.:mad3::mad3:.. tryed grabbing him but couldnt grab him in time... He'll be bigger next time i guess... nothing like catching slough sharks somedays..

Anyone else have luck..

DNORTHERNSNIPER
02-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Just added my post from our day with pics it was wicked!!!

:D:D:D:D

AxeMan
02-22-2010, 05:38 PM
I was out there yesterday afternoon as well. We stopped at the town pier and saw the guys out there in the boats. We then went to Fallis and ice fished there. I got a 10 pounder and a 4 pounder on my tip up. We set up the tent and saw a bunch of perch and caught a few. They were pretty small but we saw a couple that might have been 10 or 11 inches.

It was interesting as we were driving off the lake at Fallis. There was a guy in a tent that had about a 10 pound jack lying on the ice beside his tent that was obviously dead. I stopped and asked him if he realized the lake was catch and release. He said: "for everything?". I said he better do something with that fish but I think it was a little too late to revive it. What an idiot.

We drove around to Sundance to see if we could drive on but Transalta has the gate closed off and we could not see how to drive on anywhere. We saw two tents out there and a van on the side of the road so the people obviously walked onto the lake. RedFisher, I think you mentioned in a previous post that you were able to drive your jeep on somewhere at Sundance. We sure couldn't find any access or wheel tracks.