PDA

View Full Version : Frozen bait in Lethbridge

MoFugger21
02-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Just wondering where guys go to get their frozen bait (fishing for pike) down here in Lethbridge?

I go to the usual Wholesale Sports or Greens Pop Shop, but the prices at Wholesale seem quite steep and Green's doesn't have a great selection. I haven't gone to Marksman Sports yet to see if they have anything, and I'm not sure what other places there are in town. So where does everyone go?

DarkAisling
02-22-2010, 04:59 AM
I buy my smelts at the Superstore. I'm not sure if there is one in Lethbridge. It is a nice big bag, with really nice sized smelts (with the head), for around 7 or 8 bucks. But, I find that they tend to float. You'd need to puncture the swim bladder on them or use them with a jig head.

If you've got an Asian supermarket in town, you might want to have a look there, too.

MoFugger21
02-22-2010, 01:27 PM
I buy my smelts at the Superstore. I'm not sure if there is one in Lethbridge. It is a nice big bag, with really nice sized smelts (with the head), for around 7 or 8 bucks. But, I find that they tend to float. You'd need to puncture the swim bladder on them or use them with a jig head.

If you've got an Asian supermarket in town, you might want to have a look there, too.

Ya my dad has bought some from the local grocery store before, and they would float too. Had to make sure they were right thawed out, and poke about 100 little holes in them.

MoFugger21
02-22-2010, 03:05 PM
For what its worth, I'm not looking for guys to tell me what they're using for bait, I know what I like to use and what has been working for us. Just looking for more options to buy bait from.

marlin4570
02-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Mohawk on mayor magrath and the canadien tire on the south end.

MoFugger21
02-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Mohawk on mayor magrath and the canadien tire on the south end.

Thanks! I'll hafta go check them out later in the week.

bessiedog
02-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Green's pop shop on the north side.

I don;t know if its still running or not, but they had it ALL.
Even sardines for the big big pike.

bd

MoFugger21
02-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Green's pop shop on the north side.

I don;t know if its still running or not, but they had it ALL.
Even sardines for the big big pike.

bd

Ya I usually stop into Green's to see what kind of selection they got. Mostly just sardines and regular smelts. The selection at the one on the North side is definitely better than the Green's that is 3 blocks from my house on the west side..... :confused::(

munyee4321
02-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Lane archery on the northside sells bait too