PDA

View Full Version : Princecraft Boats

rookiemoosehunter
02-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Do any forum members here have a princecraft boat or know someone who does?
My wife and I were looking at them last fall and really liked them however, we do not know anyone that has one.
Just looking to what you think of your boat and any pro's and cons of the princecraft line.

Thanks

npauls
02-22-2010, 05:37 PM
My only con to the princecraft boats over other brands was the lack of storage. It seems that there is alot of dead space in their boats that could be used for storage in one way or another. Other then that I really like the looks of them

Nate

Walleyes
02-22-2010, 05:50 PM
All though I do not own one I have looked them over quite a bit and as a fellow that has owned a few boats i do have an idea on what to look for in a boat.

I think Princecraft builds a very good quality boat, strong hull with good lines. From what I have seen they run the water well. Personally I could not find a floor lay out that suited my preferences but that's just me. You may find them suitable for your needs. I do not think a person would go wrong in investing in one of their products..

Kingfisher
02-23-2010, 02:46 AM
I've fished out of a buddies Princecraft quite a few times. I was impressed at how stable the boat was. Not saying that you couldn't dump it over. But I stood in the thing and cast without worrying that I was going to do a header over the side.

Rob

randster
02-23-2010, 11:58 AM
I have a 2000 model pro sieries 162 Bought new in 2001. It came with a johnson 60 hp.
As far as the hull goes I have no issues at all, It is riveted alumininum and still bone dry, unless I'm fishin in the rain:) I had to replace the bilge pump (cheap fix) It is very stable in the water, plains off quickly and goes good with my slightly over rated motor. (factory recomends 50hp)
This boat is trailered every where, witch tends to be hard on boats. But the transom is still like new.
The only knock I have is a few years back the plexiglass windshield broke under the tarp in the winter. When I tried to get a new one the dealer said my boat is old, so the part is not availible any more.:mad2: (7 years old)
Fortunatley a plastics place in the city was able to make me a new one.
Other wise it's been a good product IMO.