PDA

View Full Version : Humminbird questions

gazin16
02-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Anybody have any problems with their transducer? I've bin trying to replace mine and had to order from Bay Distribution out of ontario? Has anyone heard of this company? I forgot to mention ist the portable colour unit. thanks

bunnyhunter
02-22-2010, 10:35 PM
I dont know much about them
but are you sure its the transducer? I just bought my first and it would always say transducer not connected. thankfully the guys at the fishin hole called the company and found out it was the head ( the computer chip part) that was faulty.

good luck!
jen

slingshotz
02-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Only problem I had was that the tranducer cable connector is very tight in the back of the unit. Initially it felt like it was in snug but I really had to push hard to get it in better.

Tides and Tales
02-23-2010, 10:26 AM
I have a Hummingbird on one of my charter boats, which seems to work fine. You can tell if the transducer is working by listening to it with the unit turned on. It should make a fast clicking sound, this means it is working. If your transducer is working, than the problem may be the settings on the unit itself, or the location of the transducer on your boat! Some things to check would be the salt water / freshwater option, Manual vs auto "gain", frequency etc. If you are in the manual setting, turn the gain up until you get a solid bottom line and lots of static. Than turn the gain down until the static disappears. The same if you are using downriggers, turn up the gain until you see your cannon balls, than back it off just until they disappear.
Hope that helps.
cheers,
MK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAuG85XdUB4&feature=player_embedded