PDA

View Full Version : Snipe Lake Report

The Fish King
02-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Well I was out two weekends ago. Fished allllll over the lake. Basically till I found fish consitently. Anyways... first day was pretty solid. Caught pike, some perch, and a whitefish. Second day..Much better...found an awesome spot and caught a ton of perch and some large whitefish. A few big pike. And I saw the biggest burbot of my life. 15 pounds Im guessin. My buddy had it and the damn hook got caught on the bottom of the ice. To bad....I've never seen anything quite that ugly before.
Tight Lines

Surprisingly enough...I hooked perch, pike, whites, and burbot all on the same hook....a tiny copper kastmaster

BuckHunterBowen
02-23-2010, 11:53 AM
give this lake two more weeks and it will be one fire havent been up there for about a month but had limited on whites and perch two days in a row

Pike Killer
02-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Hey Guys,

Some buddys an I are going to Snipe tommorow, got any suggestions for bringing in some large pike??? Been to Snipe a few times already this year and havent been skunked yet, but havent landed alot. Also I have never caught a white fish before, what should I be using? I have been using a pike rigging and about a 4'' smelt.... I pulled out a couple of 5-7 Lbs pike and a small walleye.

Thanks

goober
02-27-2010, 02:41 PM
For whites use a wireworm with maggots or as stated above a copper kastmaster with a small minnow. For pike use the biggest bait you can find and fish late. Do not leave the ice to early.:wave:

The Fish King
02-27-2010, 04:35 PM
For the pike set up a tip up with a 6 inch smelt. The whites and perch were smackin a copper kastmaster with a maggot on each hook. Yellow wireworms tipped with a single maggot were also producing.

My advice for snipe is find your own spot. Do a bit of exploring and find some structure. A lot of that lake is just a flat mud bottom so if you find a transition zone with a drop off, or rocks to mud, or something of that nature you will find fish.

There are some nice bays on the northwest side that no one really fishes....a good place to start.

Pike Killer
02-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Thanks Guys !!! Hoping for tight lines.

Pike Killer
02-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Off to Snipe this morning.... Wishing for some monster pike. Will post photos if we dont get skunked!!

goober
02-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Good luck!!

HAMMER121
02-28-2010, 05:40 PM
ive been out to snipe every weekend this month,catching huge perch and lots of walleye.if ure going for perch,(good luck finding thid jig)....check all of your local stores for white split tail jigs,about inch and a eighth longwith a white jig head with a little tiny red eye on it,catching lots in 1.5-2 pounders.go past the school on hwy 669 first right,down the gravel road for about 4 km left onto the lake go way right, past the golf course,theres a big pile of dirt.straight out from there about 250-300 yrds,ive been killing them.ime in a silver sebring if u see me out there come chat going tomorrow morning at about 530

HAMMER121
02-28-2010, 05:48 PM
ime going to snipe if anyone wants to meet up.always nice to have company.i go by myself all the time........

Pike Killer
03-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Going to Snipe again this weekend with a buddy. Still trying to get that one monster pike this season!!! And ideas where to drill some good holes, and what lure and bait to use?

tdaytona
03-06-2010, 09:49 PM
I was on Snipe on Thursday and caught a 7lb pike on a gold wire worm with a maggot. Must have ****ed him off... lol. We were up on the North end.

Walleye101
03-06-2010, 11:49 PM
I was there today between 3 and 7 pm and caught 3 perch? none bigger than 11inches. 1 small jack and no whitefish? I was fishing on the south west part of the lake using smelts and various perch hooks. I spoke with a few other guys that were at different spots on the lake and they said they were dissapointed as well? I am going to try again tomorrow. But I really couldn't believe it. Strange for Snipe Lake??

300MAG1620
03-07-2010, 04:18 AM
was out at snipe 6 days ago fished all morning from about 8 to noonish and caught one jack fish, but she sure was a dandy, about 105 cm long and about 10-11 lbs other than that had a couple nibbles. Never caught a damn thing until we decided to pack up and head to iosegun, thats when i looked over and my rod was half down the hole and would of probably went all the way down if it wasn't for my rod holder.definitely gotta head back one more time this year and try to slay some more monsters:D