PDA

View Full Version : Lakes I Fished

Dougie55
02-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Should have mentioned the lakes I fished, should anyone have questions.
Carson- Solid ice, no problem getting around. Lot's of cracking noises..haha
Pegasus- Some weak ice towards plant, but OK otherwise. A bit more snow. Didn't drive on far, as I never trust this lake
Iosegun- Bad floodwater as you head across lake. Could be really bad with the upcoming warming front. Not worth it anyway.
Smoke- Weird ice as always...Didn't drive on. Looks like someone broke through across the lake. Big Whites though as always, if you find them.
Raspberry- Took the old trail, as I didn't trust the creek. Heavy fishing, and lack of water has hurt this lake bad.
Snipe- Can drive all over the lake with a car. Little snow. Very solid ice. Lot's of people out. I was asked at least 50 times if I was catching any whites..
People just drive right up to your hole to ask...:mad3::mad3: One older group of guys actually drove over my tip up to talk to me and was so close that the wheels pushed snow and ice into the hole I was fishing in.
Great trip though.. Mega shooting stars on Friday and Saturday night, and not a sound on the lake..Loved it!!! Gotta do one more trip like that..