PDA

View Full Version : Athabasca Riverboat Fishing

Chris K
02-23-2010, 08:02 PM
I am looking for some fishing info for a friend who plans on making a trip on the Athabasca River in his jetboat in September. Any specific info would be appreciated, and his target species will be walleye. Anywhere in between Fort Assinaboine up to the north east of Athabasca, or west or east of these locations would be appreciated. Please pm me if possible.

Thanks, Chris K

3jetboat
02-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Hey Chris, not to sure about that far down, the furthest i've been down is at the pembina site.how ever all creek/stream inlets are usually good make sure u get enough weight on your line or retrieve slower cause of the current.
Keep an eye on the sounder for deeper holes aswell , good luck.

greylynx
02-23-2010, 08:15 PM
The pembina site

K44
02-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Where is the closest launch to the Pembina

3jetboat
02-24-2010, 12:20 PM
just where the pembina runs in to the athab put in at vega . i think it took the better part of a hr. to get down to it.or u could try to find the trail that the other 20 people used to get down to it. not sure where it comes of but was suprized at how many people were there.

davegrant
02-24-2010, 10:36 PM
fished pembina lots hit and miss. Best spot is at Smith where Slave river flows
in. Boat launch on left side south of bridge. Taken many walleye 7 to 10
pounds here.

pdfish
02-25-2010, 06:08 AM
Chris,

There's lots of good spots both up and downstream of the Fort. Find any point or turn, and with the use of a fishfinder shold be able to locate the holes. Let me know exactly when you're going, I may tag along with my rig. Just a word to the wise, be very careful if the water's low. Hopefully you're friend is really good at reading the water because there are some areas that are real skinny and easy to go up a dead-end channel.

jacob1202
02-25-2010, 07:31 AM
there is also a great spot where the berland river flows into the athabasca... its just south of fox creek and the kaybob gas plant... excellent fishing....beautifull scenery...its worth checking it out

T Mac
03-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Jacob... (I'm Chris's friend, for whom he's asking)...
Is that trout water?
Never been on any part of the Athabasca R.
I'm after walleye.

Thanks in advance.