PDA

View Full Version : Apology to Baitfisher83

New Hunter Okotoks
02-24-2010, 03:28 AM
I put a smart***** comment on her thread about fishing Sunday for everyone to read.Now it's time to put this on here for everyone to read--ESPECIALLY Baitfisher herself.

I'm the goof who posted the "$40000.00 truck,$500.00 auger............Priceless comment on there.At the time when I was typing it I thought I was the funniest guy around.Though it was not my intention,the truth is that it was a very cruel thing to do.Sometimes it's easy to put something on the internet without thinking about how it can affect someone.After I read and re-read my comment later on;it WAS a personal attack against you.I do not know you,nor do I know any circumstances in your life.This is precisely why I should not have made any comment at all.

For what it's worth,I'm sorry.

DANOMAN
02-24-2010, 04:12 AM
it takes a real man to apologize and a good job you did and i am sure baitfisher having the class she does will more than likely forgive you! Just don't let it happen again!! lol

GummyMonster
02-24-2010, 05:26 AM
Mornng,
This apology is a class act bud. Good for you.
I have found it is sometimes hard to come across properly when your only typing on a screen, no face or voice to read behind it.
I finally read the "other " postings and wow ,just wow.
Anyways, you did the right thing here, good to see.
Have a good day, EH!
:DKen:D

oagie
02-24-2010, 07:16 AM
/clap

Dougie55
02-24-2010, 07:58 AM
Class act Sir!! Congrats...

Banger
02-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Why didnt you just send her a PM to say that? What does it matter what the rest of the people think on here. Or did you just need the pat on the back?

baitfisher83
02-24-2010, 08:15 AM
Why didnt you just send her a PM to say that? What does it matter what the rest of the people think on here. Or did you just need the pat on the back?

I take his apology...dont start another rant thread please...

drenalinjunkie
02-24-2010, 08:33 AM

I dont think this has anything to do with you at all. Why did you type this post? Just cause you need to stir the **** pot?? The guy is saying sorry publicly for something he said publicly.
junkie

lovetheoutdoors
02-24-2010, 08:38 AM
wow, even an apology turns into a rant....

ESOXangler
02-24-2010, 08:48 AM
if you insult someone in public you should apologize in public.
good on yeah for doing it cause it ain't easy.

Crusty
02-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Man, this is says something about our society!! Maybe soap operas are for real. Just got done reading the original 4 pager. If everyone reply's with an apology that should, this one will be at least three pages. In a nutshell if you need a ride and get one B/fisher be appreciative and help out where you can. If you can't help out with contributing something that day, maybe you should stay home & spend some quality time with someone(?) on your day off. I've been there lady (1-1/2 yrs. my hobby was booze then not fishin)and wish now I had done things different a few times.

Sundancefisher
02-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Nice apology.

Nice example of correcting a wrong.

Sun

sheepguide
02-24-2010, 09:36 AM
I put a smart***** comment on her thread about fishing Sunday for everyone to read.Now it's time to put this on here for everyone to read--ESPECIALLY Baitfisher herself.

I'm the goof who posted the "$40000.00 truck,$500.00 auger............Priceless comment on there.At the time when I was typing it I thought I was the funniest guy around.Though it was not my intention,the truth is that it was a very cruel thing to do.Sometimes it's easy to put something on the internet without thinking about how it can affect someone.After I read and re-read my comment later on;it WAS a personal attack against you.I do not know you,nor do I know any circumstances in your life.This is precisely why I should not have made any comment at all.

Great apology! And shows your real character.
We all do the same thing at times and to be able to admit it takes a real man!

Oh and banger maybe you should just worry about the little bubble you live in. He wanted to do it publicly so he did. That is his buisness.
SG

SwampShark
02-24-2010, 11:38 AM

x2

Deano
02-24-2010, 12:38 PM
To many people shoot their mouth off in front of an audience and then want to apologize face to face. If you say something negative in front of 100 people I feel you should apologize in front of 200. I commend you for your public apology.
That being said, I feel that too many people think they can get away with a lot of crap by saying "SORRY".

Deano

Slannesh
02-24-2010, 03:21 PM

x3

noslack
02-24-2010, 03:28 PM
If you say something negative in front of 100 people I feel you should apologize in front of 200.
Deano

really though??? When you say something negative to somebody do you apologize to 2 people...???

Really, for those who don't have common sense....Treat others like you want to be treated!

Great on you for apologizing to Baitfisher. Though a PM would've been sufFISHent ( get it?? lol haha).

To each their own!

DJS
02-24-2010, 05:18 PM
It was a nice apology. Way to man up.

Okotokian
02-24-2010, 05:37 PM
I don't think it's a big issue but I think it's important to remember that the purpose of an apology is to make amends to the harmed one and/or to make them feel better. It's not to feel better myself, or to make myself look better, or to satisfy the masses. It's not to get pats on the back.

So the above should dictate how we present the apology. If I made untrue claims about someone then a public apology makes sense as I need to clear up facts and set the public record straight on their behalf. If I just insulted them or hurt them then a private apology may be best as it doesn't put them in front of the public again and perhaps broadcast the original slight further than has already been done. Sure, not doing the apology in public may leave some people thinking I'm a total ******* but rehabilitating my image is not the purpose of a real apology. So I have to live with it. So be it.

Think for a second about Tigers public "apology statement" press conference. Do you think that was for his wife? Would she prefer a private heartfelt apology or the public press conference? I think she would have prefered the former. What was done was for Tiger and his image, not for her.

Please be clear I'm not criticising the original apology or the fellow who delivered it. I'm just suggesting a different way to look at apologies. Sometimes the most real and powerful apology is the one only you and the other person know that you made... Not always, but sometimes.... like giving a gift without others knowing.

SuCraM
02-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Good on you for apologizing man. I met Baitfisher once at the Gull Lake get together and she is nice and would be an awesome partner to fish with.

big
02-24-2010, 08:45 PM

lol who cares its the internet...say anything you want

baitfisher83
02-24-2010, 08:59 PM
lol who cares its the internet...say anything you want

Some people have more respect than that.

whitetailman
02-24-2010, 09:05 PM
hoestly big and badger have some respect the guy apologied in public and felt he should of...he had balls to do it and everyone commends that and u guys come on her and just shoot himm down honestly save some sh** for urself!

lilsundance
02-24-2010, 09:13 PM
This thread gets any further and becomes what the other thread turned into its closed. I commend the op for his apology, as for the people who responded like big did well thats how fights and arguments start. Next time please think before you post. What you think is a smart remark, even if in jest, can be taken totally opposite of what you meant.