PDA

View Full Version : Tell me a story about COLD LAKE burbot

Teamprotz
02-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Everyone fishes trout , theres got to be a pile of burbot there too. Where do you fish them ?

Hooked07
02-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Heading out from the Prov Park launch take an immediate left, go straight to the shacks situated about 1/4 mile off the point. This, my not knowing friend, is the location of the so called " Burbot Humps". I personally have seen my friends dad, who we call Cliff Claven cause he knows absolutely everything, catch Burbot while we were skunked on Lakers. Have fun and good luck!

Teamprotz
02-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Thanks. Caught a few lakers the last trips out , but with the weather getting warmer and days off getting fewer , want to fish later and have some fun ! Thanks for the tip !

snipes
02-25-2010, 01:24 PM
once upon a time I caught a burbut in cold lake and it was ugly!:lol:

crazyfish
02-25-2010, 02:12 PM
i have never caught a burbot from cold lake,....never even seen one come out, i guess i just suck !:cry:

WayneChristie
02-25-2010, 07:48 PM
once upon a time I caught a burbut in cold lake and it was ugly!:lol:

doesnt matter where you catch them, they are always ugly :lol: as tasty as they are ugly!

greylynx
02-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Very Tasty; Some of my "pards" on the Cold Lake Reserve cooked one for me. I thought eating an ugly fish with the guts in it was disgusting.

That was when I discovered the good stuff was like eating Atlantic Cod.

Don't tell anyone, but Ling are delicious.

They are so good, that a restriction has been put on fishing them in Kootney Lake B.C. Look at the B.C. fishing regs.

The Kootney Lake locals say the Americans come up there, and they know what juicey meal an ugly fish can bring.

DeanP
02-26-2010, 07:32 AM
Heading out from the Prov Park launch take an immediate left, go straight to the shacks situated about 1/4 mile off the point. This, my not knowing friend, is the location of the so called " Burbot Humps". I personally have seen my friends dad, who we call Cliff Claven cause he knows absolutely everything, catch Burbot while we were skunked on Lakers. Have fun and good luck!

I am going out tonight to try my luck, but I was told by an old fella that supposedly those shacks are too far out for burbot. He said to come in about 100yds or so, just as the ice gets really cra**y.
We'll find out...

I've caught them by fluke before in my trout spot, so I can see at least one burbot tonight.:)

Teamprotz
02-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Keep me posted. I won't be able to get out again until the 11th. Still learning the lake for trout too , but in 3 days ( about 17 hrs total ) I've landed 9 and lost 10. Nothing big ( only 1 legal ) but trout nontheless ! I've heard the burbot go hard all night in the right spot , just need to find THAT spot !

DLP
02-26-2010, 10:09 AM

Yah, one time me and the old man.....while taking a brake from building the the space shuttle went out to the "hump" and caught ten pound Burbots all evening long!

Claven;)

jjstar
02-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Was out couple nights ago for 1 hour only caught one she was square had trouble getting it through a 8 inch hole. Only 6-7 pounds but what a beer belly maybe 26 inches long at the most.

Hooked07
02-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Yah, one time me and the old man.....while taking a brake from building the the space shuttle went out to the "hump" and caught ten pound Burbots all evening long!

Claven;)

haha! Gotta love Claven and the old man.

DeanP
02-28-2010, 09:45 AM
As I said, I went Friday night. I didn't go out to the shacks, but about 200 yds away, in towards the shore. It was only 40 fow. Only caught one.
Guess I should've taken Hooked7's advice!
There's always next Friday...
Was fun anyways!