PDA

View Full Version : Reservoir west of Travers

Hooker
02-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Just me again folks. Could someone please tell me the name of that new reservoir west of Champion on Secondary 529? Has anyone fished it and with what success?

Also, Garmin Nuvis can make mistakes too. We used mine to get to the north arm of Travers. It had us cut off Hwy 2 south of Nanton on 529 but it was the old 529 just on the south side of that little hamlet on the bend. We butted into the new reservoir and backtracked north. When we went east again we butted into it again. I guess we should have gone south instead of north but 'thems the chances' you take in life. We lost about a half hour but saw a lot of new country. Anyway it was a great day to be out fishing.

May March be productive!!! :)

trainerdave
02-26-2010, 10:42 AM
That would be Twin valley reservoir which is a new reservoir. There are pike and a few other fish in there. Google Lars Brinkman Mercury in fish (U of lethbridge) and read the article before eating anything out of there. Also Nanton flushes their sewage in to mosquito creek which freezes over the winter and in the spring woosh-feeds the west side of this lake...very rich water in that part of the reservoir...Dave

Buck Krazy
02-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Fished Twin in December, managed 1 keeper, took it home to eat, had to be the worst tasting pike I have ever eaten!! It had so much brownish fat under the skin. I tried to get most of it off as I figured this would be where the mercury was. Made me wanna :sick:!!! Strange how Travers pike taste so good though.

RyanO
02-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Ive posted this before and I've also seen it posted by others.
For those of you who have never seen this, it may be of some assistance.
Please note, some of the water bodies no longer exist or are named incorrectly. Hope you find it useful though.
Ryan

http://www.anglersatlas.com/mapsearch/