PDA

View Full Version : Bully taken down by the Huns...

Nikanit
02-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Yesterday Kerry and I were on our way to do some ice fishing on Sylvan Lake along RR 23 when we seen a flock of ten of these Hungarian Partridges in the middle of a field, minding their own business feeding on leftover grain uncovered in the snow. Then we noticed the Raven hanging around the edge. The raven walked towards one of the smaller birds to try and kill it. We watched the whole drama through our binoculars! Well, we thought the little partridge was a goner considering the raven was more than twice his size, but no, the little bugger started fighting the raven!!! Then his BUDDIES came in, the whole flock! We seen those little guys gather together to help their own, and they proceeded to rush and kick the sh!t out of the raven like they were fighting roosters!!! We would see up to four birds attacking the raven like roosters when they fight, leaping right at the raven kicking and slashing, and we could see black feathers flying! Then the raven gave up and flew away. The whole thing lasted for about a minute, and I have a new found respect for these little birds that we always see running alongside the road in their little gangs, so awesome! :):)

goldscud
02-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Very cool...thanks for the story

diamonddave
02-27-2010, 10:35 AM
cool story....... Now how was the fishing? I think we are going to go try some evening fishing for some burbs on Sunday.

Nikanit
02-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Fishing wasn't good at all, as what seems to be the case for a lot of us, but we're going out again here in about half an hour for some late day/eve fishing to see what happens. Seen a 20+ pike so hopefully will see again.

kreator
02-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Reminds me of this epic battle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

Beazer
02-28-2010, 09:40 AM
I don't know, I hit waaaay more of those little suckers on the train than I do crows.

Wish it were the other way around though, those little guys are fun to watch when they hop around.

fishstix
02-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Did they have team canada jerseys on?

Go Team Canada!!