PDA

View Full Version : More Thanks to be Issued

DarkAisling
02-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Really, is there a place on the net with better people? Sure, some of us get our knickers in a bunch on occasion . . . but I think some of the best people I've ever met are on this forum.

Thanks to New Okotoks Hunter: for giving us an auger/drill adaptor, and making sure that we had it as soon as possible. It powers our 6" auger well.

Thanks to Sandalius: for drilling some big holes for us (again) and providing a tow rope.

Thanks to the Fisherman Guy: for leaving your fishing spot and buddies, borrowing Sandalius' tow rope, driving around out in the middle of no where until you found us, and dragging our sorry backsides out of the mess we had gotten ourselves into.

I'm not explaining anything: so don't ask! :o I'm just pointing out how awesome some of our fellow anglers are :)

Drano
02-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Always nice to see others helping people in time of need.:wave::wave:

rxxxm22
02-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Really, is there a place on the net with better people? Sure, some of us get our knickers in a bunch on occasion . . . but I think some of the best people I've ever met are on this forum.

Thanks to New Okotoks Hunter: for giving us an auger/drill adaptor, and making sure that we had it as soon as possible. It powers our 6" auger well.

Thanks to Sandalius: for drilling some big holes for us (again) and providing a tow rope.

Thanks to the Fisherman Guy: for leaving your fishing spot and buddies, borrowing Sandalius' tow rope, driving around out in the middle of no where until you found us, and dragging our sorry backsides out of the mess we had gotten ourselves into.

I'm not explaining anything: so don't ask! :o I'm just pointing out how awesome some of our fellow anglers are :)

I am finding that as well ......sure are some nice folks here ....thanks to all who have helped me out this winter....{not gnna name em ....I would miss someone for sure ...}

ron and the Gkids

hal53
02-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Nice to see the thank you's to a bunch of great people!!!...just making me wonder though, wasn't all that many years ago, stuff like that was a no brainer...sigh!!!!

Geezle
02-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Nice to see the thank you's to a bunch of great people!!!...just making me wonder though, wasn't all that many years ago, stuff like that was a no brainer...sigh!!!!

X2 the times they are a-changin' :o

Glad to see there are still good people out there, and it's always good to see them recognized. :)

WayneChristie
02-28-2010, 08:11 PM
sounds like a good time was had by all :D great bunch of people on the forum, met some more this weekend.

STP
02-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Nothing gets my goat more than somebody walking up to me when I am
icefishing, wanting augers, tow ropes, common sense, etc.

WayneChristie
02-28-2010, 08:45 PM

so dont take your goat along when you go fishing! :rolleyes:

ghostguy6
02-28-2010, 09:21 PM

Now that your started a thread thanking those that helped you out you need to explain:lol:

Rod
02-28-2010, 09:39 PM

One day you may be in need, would you want someone to help you?

Out at Star lake one day my little Pontiac Sunbird got stuck pretty good in a mud hole. (totally my fault). After a half hour of trying to get her out some guys go by in a canoe and offer to pul us out for $40 bucks.

My uncle and I politely declined (ok not so polite) and spent the next hour getting the car out.

I help out whenever I can and I teach my kids to be that way as well.

DarkAisling
02-28-2010, 09:51 PM

Welcome to the forum. :wave: There are lots of great folks around here.

Now that your started a thread thanking those that helped you out you need to explain:lol:

Nope. :lol: All I'm going to say is that hubby and I have firmly decided that we need a 4x4 with a good winch . . . tire chains are a good idea too.

I've got a lot to pay forward after this---my first---season of ice fishing. It might take the rest of my life!

Sandalius
02-28-2010, 10:42 PM

Hal, it's still a no brainer for some of us.

so dont take your goat along when you go fishing! :rolleyes:

Wayne, STPs goat probably likes the view of ground in front of it - as opposed to standing in front of a cliff having to back up all the time......

Sandalius
02-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Nope. :lol: All I'm going to say is that hubby and I have firmly decided that we need a 4x4 with a good winch . . . tire chains are a good idea too.

:lol::lol: Glad to help out :D

It was another great adventure, with a great group of people - what more needs to be said.

Oilberta
02-28-2010, 11:55 PM
All this talk of tow ropes and 4*4, I can only guess at what trouble you got yourselve into.
What is great about the story is that 5 years from now what you will remember most is the help people gave you. So dont bother telling the details until you have forget most of them and can make up a real good story!:lol:
Thanks for all that helped!

Fishfinder
03-01-2010, 03:18 AM

x2:)
Really gets my beaver when......awe forget it....
Nice post:)

The Fisherman Guy
03-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Ask Bobloblaw, it's all about Karma!

Glad I could be of some help. The fish were'nt biting anyway, I could'nt find my fav bait ~ STP's tiny berries. Must have been under a rock next to a keyboard - the place I never look. The fish love em! Hard to get on a #16 hook though.

The biggest help for my truck is tires. I have saved myself many winch scenario's with great winter and summer tires, accompanied by 4x4.

All in all it was a terrific day; 12 degrees on the ice, sunny and no wind. I even got a sunburn! Not as bad as the naked fishergoof we could see and smell!! :sick:

Looking forward to doing it again before the ice is off!

TFG

Jack&7
03-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Glad I could be of some help. The fish were'nt biting anyway, I could'nt find my fav bait ~ STP's tiny berries. Must have been under a rock next to a keyboard - the place I never look. The fish love em! Hard to get on a #16 hook though.

TFG

Now....that is a quality BURN! Ha Ha!

FishBrain
03-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Now....that is a quality BURN! Ha Ha!

HAHAHA, I was thinking the same thing.

So did you catch any fish before or after this stuck in the mud melee?

honda450
03-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Dang southeners don't know how to drive a truck anyhow.:lol::lol::lol: Come north and see how the big boys do it. :lol::lol:

redneck posse
03-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Dang southeners don't know how to drive a truck anyhow.:lol::lol::lol: Come north and see how the big boys do it. :lol::lol:

but honda who's gonna teach you..:lol::lol::lol: may long out by nordegg i can give you some off road driving lessons :evilgrin:

honda450
03-01-2010, 01:04 PM
but honda who's gonna teach you..:lol::lol::lol: may long out by nordegg i can give you some off road driving lessons :evilgrin:

Dang good old southern Sask boy must of said that. And I think he drives a Ford to boot. :lol::lol:

Ya will be sucking the fumes of my high powered Chevy.:lol::lol::lol:

The Fisherman Guy
03-01-2010, 02:15 PM
We caught a few, two for our group of 6 anglers. Pretty slow, but with a day like that, I will travel near and far in the same day. They were small, so eventhough some panfry trout would be good, it felt better to let them go on a day when no one was catching much.

pecker
03-01-2010, 06:04 PM

x2;)