PDA

View Full Version : Ice Fishing at Beauvis Lake near Pincher Creek

the holster
03-02-2010, 07:54 PM
OK, it looks like DV has been mismanaged, which is awfully disturbing to many anglers who loved catching hogs out of here. I was wondering if anyone has gone down to this nice lake near Pincher. Nothing like catching sardine sized trout for the pan. (C and R is what I do but a CO down there says there are too many stunted trout and they want people to actually keep their legal limit of Onchoryonkiss mykiss).
the holster

Wes_G
03-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Other then at Police, I havent caught any decent sized trout down south in the lakes that werent brood stock in years..... no more missmanaged then all the other put and take lakes. The trout have to compete for food from a massive sucker population in that lake, find a solution to that and impose some regs that allow fish to grow and you may have a decent lake.

howlin
03-02-2010, 09:44 PM
lees down the road same thing ,micro trout and the odd big hatchery spawner.c and r is the only way to get some nice ones in a few years:mad:

70chevy
03-03-2010, 10:03 PM
There is some nice browns taken from beauvais.I got a 4lber this summer there and a fellow fishing off the dock caught an 7lber

WayneChristie
03-03-2010, 10:07 PM
There is some nice browns taken from beauvais.I got a 4lber this summer there and a fellow fishing off the dock caught an 7lber

they used to stock it with big browns to control the suckers. like 8 pounds plus

whitetail Junkie
03-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Dipping Vat Lake around the town of Hillspring ,Ab has the Big guys!

Don Andersen
03-03-2010, 10:21 PM
White...

Dipping Vat summerkilled. None left.

Don

the holster
03-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Hey, you're the gentleman who always posted great responses on the "Fishin' Alberta" Message board. Don, you always gave great information that was always useful. It's good to see your name up on this board. You seem to be in the "know", so tell me, in your opinion, is the silliness concerning DV going to be resolved? Between that lake and Police, the area sure was great for the flyfisherman.
the holster

Wes_G
03-04-2010, 05:58 PM
HAs dipping VAt really been mismanaged though? the only thing you can do about summer or winter kill is airators. the lake has always produced decent fish. We tried to ice fish it a month ago, should have gotten the clue when there was absolutely no vehicle tracks and no sign that anyone had been fishing out there..