PDA

View Full Version : Millers Lake for trout

Rod
03-03-2010, 11:25 AM
My buddy wants to go to Millers next week. I have fished it twice in the summer with no luck, not even a nibble. Just wondering if anyone has been out and what the fishing is like.

Thanks in advance

Rod

trouter
03-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Fishing was good for a bit after christmas. It has slowed off now but there are some good bows in there. Catch and Release Only, not law but dont bother taking any home as they are very muddy big or small. Not sure if you can see my profile pic but that bow was taken a week after christmas. :)

live2bout
03-04-2010, 04:54 PM
I have had some luck at Miller's, a few nice Rainbows and a nice Brown, all in summer. I understand not too many Browns in there but some good sized rainbows.
My buddy always gets skunked there so he never wants to go. I like the challenge of trying to get the big ones I know are in there; but my buddy usually has to get me to show him what will catch fish each day we go. Often the time spent out on the lake isn't enough for him to master the technique so he has to go home skunked:cry:. I always offer him some fish but still he isn't happy.
I have eaten from Millers and have had no issue with taste or quality. My hapless buddy has also enjoyed the taste of Millers' trout.:wave:

johnk
03-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Have had some awesome days there fishing chironomids in late spring when the fish are gorging on the shoals at the south end.