PDA

View Full Version : Recipe poll

BBM
03-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks to all who have taken the recipe poll!

Although all who think that having a Recipe section on here would be a great idea! I have just recieved a pm from Rob M,
stating that he would leave things as they are do to having multiple forums with in a forum may cause some confusion to some members and possibly losing some members! Considering most of us eat what we hunt, why would we not share our secret recipes!

That's just too bad!

honda450
03-03-2010, 12:08 PM
And Rob made the right decision.:evilgrin:

BBM
03-03-2010, 12:21 PM
no shock there!

Marlin07
03-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Why not make a few "stickies" in the hunting and fishing forums and keep it simple? I figure the good recipes will float to the top so to speak,

howlin
03-03-2010, 04:12 PM
that was a good idea and most people agreed.its to bad he killed it

deanmc
03-03-2010, 07:37 PM
that was a good idea and most people agreed.its to bad he killed it

X2

duffy4
03-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Well if there was a "cooking forum" I doubt if I would bother going to it.

However when see a thread on the fishing forum that reads "Just baked some whitefish from Pigeon" I'll probably go there and read that one.

If I see a thread "Moose jerky heaven" You can bet I'll read that one.

Fishfinder
03-03-2010, 11:08 PM
And Rob made the right decision.:evilgrin:

Agreed.
I think too many stickys would cause confusion for some and there is no need for a bunch of stickys on fishing subjects such as recipes....that's what the 'search forum' box is for.
My 2 sense.:)

howlin
03-03-2010, 11:28 PM
6 stickys would be to confusing?to who?:huh:

Fishfinder
03-04-2010, 12:05 AM
6 stickys would be to confusing?to who?:huh:

I jus think it's better to keep it an open forum and people can utilize the search box, if need be, for most topics. Generally, u will find what u are looking for, I find. If not..ask?
If a sticky for "recipes" was there for example, then why not have a sticky for a zillion other subjects on fishin such as popular lakes, hot lures, best tackle, pics, weather, favorite this, favorite that, yadayada.
I reckon too many stickys would jus be clutter and should best be left for more important topics as it is now. Eventually it would become confusing for most, especially newbies if there were a ton of stickys imo. I c Rob's point.
Again....that's what the search box is for.
Again....jus my 2 sense.
Cheers n happy fishn!:wave:

Jack&7
03-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Well...I don't agree with Rob.

I think this is a missed opportunity for even more "interaction" between members and a missed opportunity for this board to grow!

Don't put up a sticky within each section....that would be overkill. And yes...I agree that too many stickys is not a good thing. That is why I propose this:

All that had to be done is create another section under the main category...much the same as there is a Buy and Sell section (and under that heading, it is subdivided into separate groups (hunting, fishing, optics, etc.) If there was a separate Recipe section (or cooking...or whatever you want to call it) you could then break it down into subsections of fish, deer, elk, moose, etc. Maybe even a smoking section (how-to, gear, recipes).

My main argument in support of this is the fact that the eating of our game...fish or four-legged...is a HUGE part of the overall outdoor experience for most of us. How can we ignore that by not allowing for a place on an outdoors forum for the members to share in that part of the experience?:huh:

IMO, having a separate section solves the "confusing" argument and those that wish to experiment with cooking their catch will enjoy it. If you aren't interested in cooking, then you have the rest of the board as you currently view it to enjoy. If anything, I think it would organize things a little better so that there wouldn't be "cooking" threads mixed in with each of the main categories...and the members that are interested in exchanging recipes wouldn't have to search to find anything...it would all be in one place.

Sorry, but I just don't think this was given the due consideration it required....especially since there are so many members that have voiced their opinion in support of it. And furthermore, the "too many forums will cause us to lose members" statement doesn't hold water because the entire "Buy and Sell" section directly contradicts that. Why would the B+S be any different from a Recipe section?

firegod74
03-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks to all who have taken the recipe poll!

Although all who think that having a Recipe section on here would be a great idea! I have just recieved a pm from Rob M,
stating that he would leave things as they are do to having multiple forums with in a forum may cause some confusion to some members and possibly losing some members! Considering most of us eat what we hunt, why would we not share our secret recipes!

That's just too bad!
X2
I guess they should get rid of the separate fishing and hunting forums since multiple forums adds confusion. Heck, add add the buy and sell and general discussion into the lump. :tongue2: That wouldn't be confusing at all! I thought that a separate area would be nice so the threads don't get buried.

BBM
03-04-2010, 09:58 AM
I agree, thanks guys keep em coming!

BBM
03-04-2010, 10:03 AM
X2
I guess they should get rid of the separate fishing and hunting forums since multiple forums adds confusion. Heck, add add the buy and sell and general discussion into the lump. :tongue2: That wouldn't be confusing at all! I thought that a separate area would be nice so the threads don't get buried.

Well said firegod74, hopefully others will read this and actually give it some reconsidering!!!!!!

howlin
03-04-2010, 10:30 AM
thats a good idea jackand7

Fishfinder
03-04-2010, 07:29 PM
For starters.... look at it from mods point of view. Why risk losing potential members over trying to fix somethin that aint broken?

Secondly....if one can't find recipes for fish from.. trial and error, word around the village, granny's cookbook, THIS FORUM, not to mention the rest of the INTERNET...i dunno...:rolleye2:

I don't mean to sound cynical or sarcastic, that's jus the Aquarius in me:evilgrin:

BBM
03-04-2010, 09:01 PM
I just thought it would be a great idea to share recipes within the forum! Some excellent recipes one may have, might not exactly be as easy to find in Granny's cookbook!

Besides wouldn't the Mod want us on here , for as long as he could have us on, instead of looking elsewhere for recipes for game that we already share stories about (fish, deer, moose,etc).

i dunno, but I could be wrong.....

deanmc
03-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I may be slow.:huh: Why would anyone leave this forum if the recipes (that are already here btw) were neatly organized in there own category instead of scattered in other categories?

BBM
03-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Thank you deanmc.

howlin
03-04-2010, 10:05 PM
i was checking out the fish bc forum and they seam to have a good way to do this whole catagorie thing .check it out and see what you guys think.then again its probably a moot point as the powers that be have already made their decision.pitty

big
03-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Agreed.
I think too many stickys would cause confusion for some and there is no need for a bunch of stickys on fishing subjects such as recipes....that's what the 'search forum' box is for.
My 2 sense.:)

ya, i agree..too much confusion. search box is my best friend

and why is that your 2 cents? i dont get that saying

Fishfinder
03-05-2010, 08:09 AM
BBM; i like ur idea, jus don't think it is necessary. (spellin i know)

Big; search box is one uf me best friend's too:) and the "my 2 cents" bit is jus an ol sayin....surely u must have heard it before??

Howlin; honestly......kinda sounds like u should move to B.C. and start ur own forum and have as many stickys as possible...obviously starting with the first one...Sticky: How To Do Anyhting without putting forth effort.

Use this forum as a resource not a solution.:)

firegod74
03-05-2010, 11:03 AM
I may be slow.:huh: Why would anyone leave this forum if the recipes (that are already here btw) were neatly organized in there own category instead of scattered in other categories?

Ya I thought that was a lazy argument too. I usually go straight to new posts. I definitely wouldn't leave a forum just because there was one more tab in the Index.
And as for the search option, sometimes its ok, but it is pretty limited. I typed in 243 and it couldn't find anything in a hunting forum so I have no faith in the search option as a solution.

howlin
03-05-2010, 11:11 AM
hey fishfinder wouldnt you like life to be easier ,this is just an idea,as for me moving to bc that would be a dream come true if there was less closed minded people like you there(i can return shots when they are needlessly thrown at me as well)this discussion does not have to end up as the rest of these forum posts seem to end up .why does every thing have to be an argument.?

Fishfinder
03-05-2010, 11:23 AM
hey fishfinder wouldnt you like life to be easier ,this is just an idea,as for me moving to bc that would be a dream come true if there was less closed minded people like you there(i can return shots when they are needlessly thrown at me as well)this discussion does not have to end up as the rest of these forum posts seem to end up .why does every thing have to be an argument.?

Fair enuff.
If it was up to me, I'd move to BC with ya...we could be roomies:)
I apologize for me uncalled for words? Jus tryin to make my point...get a lil excited sometimes I guess:innocent: I do stand by my opinion though:)
Anyways....off to work I go.
Wishin I wuz fishn:(

BrownBear416
03-05-2010, 11:23 AM
If Rob put stickys up for everyone that asked I am sure we would fill up pretty fast and not have anywhere to post.lol

Its pretty simple if you want to share Recipes then start a Recipe thread and keep it going.

If there is as many people interested in them as you think there is then your thread will always be on the 1st page..

Fishfinder
03-05-2010, 11:27 AM
If Rob put stickys up for everyone that asked I am sure we would fill up pretty fast and not have anywhere to post.lol

Its pretty simple if you want to share Recipes then start a Recipe thread and keep it going.

If there is as many people interested in them as you think there is then your thread will always be on the 1st page..

Thank you BB. 110% right...imo

firegod74
03-05-2010, 11:35 AM

Then why have categories at all? And really the sticky talk is just a distraction. The original post was in response to a poll that was overwhelmingly in favor of a recipe section, but for some reason Rob thinks he will lose members if he adds it.

Okotokian
03-05-2010, 11:43 AM

enzo
03-05-2010, 11:49 AM
BBM; i like ur idea, jus don't think it is necessary. (spellin i know)

Big; search box is one uf me best friend's too:) and the "my 2 cents" bit is jus an ol sayin....surely u must have heard it before??

Howlin; honestly......kinda sounds like u should move to B.C. and start ur own forum and have as many stickys as possible...obviously starting with the first one...Sticky: How To Do Anyhting without putting forth effort.

Use this forum as a resource not a solution.:)

Use this forums spell check as a solution.

deanmc
03-05-2010, 10:13 PM
I must have missed something cause I thought the poll was about a recipe discussion not a sticky.We have several discussions now, (and some people get quite anal about posts in the wrong discussion). General,Hunting,Guns and ammo,Archery etc...... How would anyone be confused or upset if there was a recipe discussion added to these?:huh:

I am not trying to be a smartass. I honestly do not understand the issue. :wave:

howlin
03-06-2010, 12:20 PM
hey okotokian,im just wondering what that"." means in alot of your posts.:wave: