PDA

View Full Version : Scout Camp help?

Agb Crash
03-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Hello all, I mostly lurk here.

I am a scout leader boys 12 -17 yrs (about 20 people icluding leaders)
We need a free camping area not too far from edmonton.
(2-3 hrs max)
We would like to shoot, fish, camp and hike. We need to be able to have a campfire. We have planned for 29-31 of march any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Crash

WayneChristie
03-03-2010, 05:25 PM
we had a gathering near Caroline last summer, I think the area would probably fit the bill perfectly. Talk to Sandalius or Flygirrl they both know the area well and can probably give you more ideas

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Hello all, I mostly lurk here.

I am a scout leader boys 12 -17 yrs (about 20 people icluding leaders)
We need a free camping area not too far from edmonton.
(2-3 hrs max)
We would like to shoot, fish, camp and hike. We need to be able to have a campfire. We have planned for 29-31 of march any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Crash

What about the Crown land in Bruderhiem where that huge fire was last year .Beautiful area's in there to camp .

The cooter
03-03-2010, 06:11 PM
What about the Crown land in Bruderhiem where that huge fire was last year .Beautiful area's in there to camp .

X2 there use to be a scout camp there it was called polaris I think is it still in use I havent been out there since I fought the fire.

ghostguy6
03-03-2010, 08:28 PM
I think the camp at Skeleton Lake would fit the bill perfectly. I think there is a rifle range but definately does archery, has a zip line, climbing and rappelling wall.

unclebuck
03-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Check out Camp 3F, north of Plamondon on the shore of Lac La Biche lake. The local scouts use it regularly. It has cabins, a kitchen and dining hall with all of the accroutements to make a comfortable camp. I do not know who to contact, but if you contacted the local scouting group in LLB, I am sure that they can inform you. If you are going in the winter, perch fishing is excellent just off shore from the camp.

bushnell
03-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Try to get ahold of Sherwoodpark fish and game they have a facility you might want to check out.