PDA

View Full Version : anyone going out from calgary this weekend?

bryanfewchuk
03-05-2010, 08:39 PM
wondering what is going on

DarkAisling
03-06-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm working like a dog and dreaming about fishing. :( At least I get to work from home this weekend.

SushiUnagi
03-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Went house hunting today but would love to head out early AM tomorrow! Maybe somewhere close like Chestermere... But curious if its still safe to go out!?!

JoGo
03-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Went house hunting today but would love to head out early AM tomorrow! Maybe somewhere close like Chestermere... But curious if its still safe to go out!?!

I was out earlier this week, ice was about 18" thick at the south end. Going out again tomorrow.

SushiUnagi
03-07-2010, 06:22 PM
I was out earlier this week, ice was about 18" thick at the south end. Going out again tomorrow.

Thats awesome JoGo! I didn't end up going today...more house hunting. Hopefully next weekend I'll go though.

Hey JoGo, noticed you're from Strathmore... I've heard there are up to 20lbs pike in Eagle Lake? Have you been there?

Curious since its so close to town and have some big fish in there! :love:

WayneChristie
03-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Thats awesome JoGo! I didn't end up going today...more house hunting. Hopefully next weekend I'll go though.

Hey JoGo, noticed you're from Strathmore... I've heard there are up to 20lbs pike in Eagle Lake? Have you been there?

Curious since its so close to town and have some big fish in there! :love:

they are a special breed, called "PooPike" :evilgrin:

JoGo
03-08-2010, 06:26 AM
I haven't tried fishing Eagle at all, but haven't heard anything too good about it either. I might check it out next winter.

madatter
03-08-2010, 07:06 AM
I haven't tried fishing Eagle at all, but haven't heard anything too good about it either. I might check it out next winter.

I went thru a few weeks ago trying to get onto Eagle and found access sucked.
I only found one way on at the south end and it was blown in and impassable.
Wandered around looking for something else but could'nt find anything.
Does anybody know a guarranteed access point??

SushiUnagi
03-08-2010, 10:53 PM
they are a special breed, called "PooPike" :evilgrin:

:lol:

In the other thread, this guy told me he caught the special species at Chestermere; an empty orange juice jug and a pair of nylons

And now we have PooPike in Eagle!! Most likely due to Global Warming I'll bet!

SushiUnagi
03-08-2010, 10:56 PM
I went thru a few weeks ago trying to get onto Eagle and found access sucked.
I only found one way on at the south end and it was blown in and impassable.
Wandered around looking for something else but could'nt find anything.
Does anybody know a guarranteed access point??

Thanks for the info madatter! I'll be interested to know how to access it and how the fishing is over there. I remember camping there at the Eagle Lake Campground and it has access to the lake. Get to use one of their canoes. The lake was nasty though! But from what I gathered, the nastier the lake, the crazier the pikes!

madatter
03-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the info madatter! I'll be interested to know how to access it and how the fishing is over there. I remember camping there at the Eagle Lake Campground and it has access to the lake. Get to use one of their canoes. The lake was nasty though! But from what I gathered, the nastier the lake, the crazier the pikes!

No access from the campground in the winter,its locked up tight!!
I'm not planning on keeping anything outta there but am curious about it.....

RobOnBusiness
04-03-2010, 03:41 PM
I boated around the whole lake once last summer, fishing with crank baits, jigs, spoons, and bait. Not a rise, never mind bites. The whole lake was full of green algae, making it next to impossible for the fish (if there were any) to see anything. Was on the lake for about 8 hours. I'd like to know if anyone has caught anything there last spring after breakup, presumably before algae and weeds have a chance to grow in for the season. I read on another post here that some big pike were caught there this last winter, so there must be something in there, just maybe hard to catch in open water.

baitfisher83
04-03-2010, 05:39 PM

You might wanna check the Regs, I believe Chestermere is closed right now.
Chestermere Lake
May 8 to Mar. 15 – Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Perch limit 15.
Mar. 16 to May 7 – CLOSED