PDA

View Full Version : Hows the ice at pigeon?

walleyeca
03-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Hey guys havent been out to pigeon this year and already have almost lost my truck at battle(diesel 1 ton) just wonderin if anyone has been fishing deep in the middle anywhere on pigeon and how thick is the ice? wanna head out tommorow and thanks very much!

Soiler
03-05-2010, 10:45 PM
I was out past the island ( went on at the trail just north of mameo) on wed am. The ice seemed good to me ( i do drive a half ton tho) I was in 25 1/2 ft of water & the ice was over 18 inches where i drilled. But like i said i was driving my half ton. I saw diesels out in the deep the morning they were pulling their nets. Good luck to you ,I got skunked again on wed. I saw well over 50 whites on the camera but had 0 hits!!

walleyeca
03-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Thanks Soiler, Ya just a little leary after almost losing my truck and where I fish for eyes on pigeon is too far for a walk for this old guy! LOL

Safety D
03-06-2010, 11:35 AM
The lake is infested with Whites but nothing bites?? 5 years ago you could catch all kinds with the same hooks that are used today. I know it is full of whites because the commercial fisherman are catching tons of fish....

angler1
03-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Was out there yesterday fishing a mid lake hump, good action for wally's. The ice was about 2 ft. with truck tracks everywhere from the commercial fishing boys. Most places we drove in 2wd but a 4x4 might not be a bad idea. Good luck.