PDA

View Full Version : who headed where this weekend?

pikehunter1989
03-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Who's heading out this weekend and enjoying this amazing weather? Moose
knuckle and I will be at wab on the seba beach side.if anyone is out there come
by and say hey.he drives a blue 08 dodge and I'm in a white 06 dodge. There
will be 5 or 6 of us in the group. Just don't know if we will even take 1 truck out
on the ice today.if anyone has some ice updates for wab that would be great. I hear 18 inches but it gets slushy at the end of the day..is this just the snow getting slushy or is it the top few inches of ice?

Anyways if I can find the camera I'll post pics of how the day went.

Stay safe and tight lines boys and gils!

pikehunter1989
03-08-2010, 05:39 AM
So wabamun was slow.only one on the ice and 5 or 6 misses.we ewere on the seba beach side by. The weedline.Lots of ice (18 inches or so) how was everyone elses weekend. I will be heading out again today to the same spot pretty much so come say hey if anyone is out there "sick"

3jetboat
03-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Went to utik this weekend what a bust tried 5 different spots, 2 eyes,4 jack saw 3 perch with the camera , as soon as i moved the hook they would take off?? I must stink.
lots of trucks showed up in the afternoon, we left at 4:30 maybe we should half stayed longer, seemed like everyone we talked to said it was slow 2. allmost had to put the extension on almost 4' of ice . later

javlin101
03-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Floatingstone this weekend, 8 63cm jacks, 8 perch 8" & tons of little ones. F&W showed up Sunday & check 2 people for permits, never looked at a hook or in the vehicle & told us to have fun be safe.

Weather was fantastic.

Ice on average 3ft deep

CanadianEh
03-08-2010, 09:35 AM
We went down to Newell for the weekend...

Beautiful weather, terrible fishing. between 6 of us we caught one pike about 18" in three days. moved to several different spots on the lake, no luck at all.

oh well... got a nice sun tan on my face anyways.

Chris84
03-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Went to Pine and enjoyed the beautiful weather, but got skunked. Had a few hits but nothing on the ice.

Also like to mention thanks to the fellow who came over and drilled some holes for us with his gas auger. (We were struggling with the bad blades on the hand auger)

lromanchuk
03-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Went to Coal on Sunday. Caught some small ones, as usual, but managed a descent sized one for that lake. 13.6 Pounds.

My names not Dr. D, so i dont pull out 28 pounders like it's my job. :)

rustynailz
03-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Had an awesome day down south. The action was just a little late this year, that's all. :) Have found it to be much more consistent the last couple of week. We had about 20 bites and landed half of them, including this beast. Didn't get a weight on her...any guesses?

slingshotz
03-08-2010, 11:10 AM
We ended up going to Dickson's pond as we got out too late to head up to Gull. Awesome day and not terrible fishing either, 5 scrappy rainbows and a slew of suckers (I'm tempted to keep a few next time to use as giant pike bait...). Ice was still a good solid 3 feet and the ramp wasn't too bad for slush but I doubt a car would make it.

Wasn't prepared for the fishing change as all we had was smelts and various artificial stuff but I had this red Powerbait trout paste in my tacklebox for years and never ever caught anything on it. Well the trout loved the stuff but it was sure hard to hook them as they would steal the stuff off the hook regularly.

At least we got a good suntan, it was roasting out there :D

DuckBrat
03-08-2010, 11:15 AM
West end of Lake Isle was good again. Multi species, caught and released, with the highlight being 2 ten pound class pike.

RedFisher
03-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Had an awesome day down south. The action was just a little late this year, that's all. :) Have found it to be much more consistent the last couple of week. We had about 20 bites and landed half of them, including this beast. Didn't get a weight on her...any guesses?

Wow nice pike i would say high teens maybe even pushing close to 20 some odd pounds... what size hole was that? 8 inch??

lromanchuk
03-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Beauty of a fish rustynailz. I'd say that's pushing 20 pounds for sure. well done.

Elk Chaser
03-08-2010, 02:31 PM
hey Slingshotz take a small treble and put a small spring on the centre shaft ( steal one from a pen). The power bait doesn't run away as much. We use to buy them and they were called cheese hooks.

Hanmore lake was slow and only yielding 20" pike.

DLP
03-08-2010, 05:38 PM

Nice Pike:love: I'm gonna say 22lbs.

skidderman
03-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Fished Francis Lake on Saturday. It was slow. Four of us caught a half dozen perch and 6 pike. Most fish caught between 8:30 & 10 and after that it died to nothing. I understand there are big perch there but we only caught one big one. Next time I go that far might as well go a little further and fish Slave. I know a few guys that have been nailing Walleyes at Slave.

slingshotz
03-08-2010, 09:36 PM
hey Slingshotz take a small treble and put a small spring on the centre shaft ( steal one from a pen). The power bait doesn't run away as much. We use to buy them and they were called cheese hooks.

Hanmore lake was slow and only yielding 20" pike.

That is an awesome tip, now I know what to do with all the free pens I get :)

Joe
03-09-2010, 08:09 AM

I see a tape measure in the one pics, a length would help greatly in guessing the weight.
By the pics I would guess low 20 's.

rustynailz
03-09-2010, 11:57 AM
43" to fork, and really fat. A Newell fish if that matters at all.

lromanchuk
03-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Was that a 6 inch hole you squeezed her through?

Joe
03-09-2010, 05:28 PM
43" to fork, and really fat. A Newell fish if that matters at all.

Just compared notes with Dr.D and we both agree that it should weigh 23 or 24 pounds. Nice Fish.