PDA

View Full Version : Lac La Biche

JBLS
03-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Hey,

I am heading to Lac La Biche on Saturday in hopes for some perch.
Anybody know what the lake's driving conditions are like? I have a 4x4 tundra, just want to make sure i don't need to throw in my sled...

I went about a month ago and did not have much luck... tried by Plamondon, could not find deep enough water, then went over to the causeway, caught a few but nothing over 6", then went to Golden Sands and caught a few more but nothing over 8". Oh well, have a better idea what I am up against now because that was my first time there and wasted a lot of time drilling and exploring...

Any updates on the conditions or how the fishing for perch has been would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
JBLS

RedFisher
03-09-2010, 09:02 PM
my uncle just went out ... said it wasnt too bad but did get really slushy... fishing was really slow he hit heart then beaver only got 3 pike and 4 small perch...

Kim473
03-10-2010, 04:46 AM
Take a little drive and go to N Buck. Got 8 - 12" fish on the south side of lake. You will see where follow ice road and look for holes.

kreator
03-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I would suggest in front of the day-use beach at Sir Winston Churchill Park. You can probably drive right out there from the causeway boat launch now that a lot of the snow is melted. If they aren't there at this time of year, they won't be anywhere.

I'll second the idea of heading to NBL instead. They are biting there in late afternoon.

JBLS
03-10-2010, 09:05 PM
thanks for the messages! North Buck sounds appealing, plus a guy a work was telling me I should go to Calling... I think I will be making a game time decision... i got about 230 kms to choose which lake I go to because I am coming from Fort McMurray...