PDA

View Full Version : Will it ever come to this here?

Grizzly Adams
03-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Will it ever come to this here?

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-News/2010/0308/Are-public-advocates-for-animal-rights-needed-Switzerland-says-no

Grizz

Okotokian
03-10-2010, 09:27 AM
I short-changed my dog on the length of his walk this morning. I think he's calling his lawyer. ;)

hockey1099
03-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Animal rights is no laughing matter. PEople who leave horses to starve to death or those beat, torture and main small pets for their own enjoyment need to punished.

Sensible programs that allow for hunting, fishing and trapping can co-exist with increased animal rights.

Okotokian
03-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Animal rights is no laughing matter. PEople who leave horses to starve to death or those beat, torture and main small pets for their own enjoyment need to punished.

Sensible programs that allow for hunting, fishing and trapping can co-exist with increased animal rights.

Hockey, all the terrible deeds you mentioned are already illegal and are prosecuted through normal channels. Anyone with an exclusive mandate to protect animal "rights" (rather than protect the animals) is going to look to expand that mandate.

burningfreak
03-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Hockey, all the terrible deeds you mentioned are already illegal and are prosecuted through normal channels. Anyone with an exclusive mandate to protect animal "rights" (rather than protect the animals) is going to look to expand that mandate.

x2, it's hard to trust the intentions of many animal rights groups after seeing some of the hidden agendas. Anyone who calls themselves a sportsman should be fully comited to carrying out that sport, wether hunting or fishing, in the most humane way possible. We respect the animals we hunt and fish and do our best not to cause unnecessary harm. However most of these groups that claim to fight for the rights of animals would have our sports eliminated if they had their way.