PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been out to the potholes lately?

ghostguy6
03-10-2010, 10:49 PM
From the sounds of it I might actually have my vehicle back this weekend. I was kind of hoping to make it out to for some birthday fishing around Stony Plain if the lakes still have decent ice on them. Anyone know how the ice is? Im also assuming most of the trout lakes have winter killed?

ice
03-10-2010, 10:55 PM
well iv been fishing wabamun. Wich is already a heated lake.
And it has plenty of ice.
So im sure any of the non heated lakes around have plenty of ice.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Talk to Morph he's been out :evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

ice
03-10-2010, 10:58 PM

:lol:

Morph1
03-10-2010, 11:13 PM

well..., let me tell you hehe,

you can try East pit , you for sure won't be pulling out the perch size as mine :lol: but you may hook to some decent rainbows...,
I fly fish the lake in the summer all the time...,
lots of good size trout there.

ice
03-10-2010, 11:15 PM
well..., let me tell you hehe,

you can try East pit , you for sure won't be pulling out the perch size as mine :lol: but you may hook to some decent rainbows...,
I fly fish the lake in the summer all the time...,
lots of good size trout there.

Never really had much luck with the trout from there. Ill have to give that a try,

DaveFish
03-10-2010, 11:20 PM
We went to east pit afew weeks ago for the afternoon, east side, saw afew big bows, no bites though. But the ice was thick, and it's only a little walk up and down the hill.

ghostguy6
03-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Thanks! In all honosty I would be happy pulling some 5-7" perch but some trout would be nice. It's been at least a month since I've been out fishing. After all the stress from my car accident I need to get out and fish or I'll go crazy

WayneChristie
03-11-2010, 06:13 AM
Thanks! In all honosty I would be happy pulling some 5-7" perch but some trout would be nice. It's been at least a month since I've been out fishing. After all the stress from my car accident I need to get out and fish or I'll go crazy

Glad you are getting better. Already crazy here, but the pike are too right now so its all good :D

YeeHaw
03-11-2010, 04:53 PM
I was driving on Spring, Hasse, and Jackfish today. Soft mud on the shore of Hasse, but not bad yet. Fishing was something to be desired though.

lyallpeder
03-11-2010, 07:08 PM
May I ask the best way to walk on to jackfish lake?

Diver Dan 66
03-12-2010, 10:12 PM
I was driving on Spring, Hasse, and Jackfish today. Soft mud on the shore of Hasse, but not bad yet. Fishing was something to be desired though.

Good or Bad?