PDA

View Full Version : Peerless Lake Trout

kmadson
03-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Looking for info on Peerless lake Trout fishing, is it worth the drive up there for spring or summer time fishing, any info will help

Pioneer2
03-11-2010, 08:14 PM
A friend of mine went up every spring for lakers but locals ripped of his fish finder and lots of cooking and camping equipment while out on the lake.Quad tracks led right to the front door.Police called but was told they are like that up here.Never been back..............Harold [ not stereotyping but this happened]

kmadson
03-12-2010, 07:24 AM
thanks for the info

jjstar
03-12-2010, 07:35 AM
I have heard the fishing is worth while if you can make it up there but .. as stated before bring a couple big hungry puppies to stay in the camp

Sooner
03-12-2010, 09:36 AM
We used to go there every may long weekend and camp at the narrows between the two lakes with all the others. We would catch the lakers around the points and drops, usually in 20 ft or less. 2 to 7 lbs was all we caught. We were there for Graham lake but tried the lakers a bit every day. I personaly never caught one but I did snag about a 12 lb plus dead burbot one time, the thing was huge. We were ripped off of our beer and sausage once from the back of our truckbox, while we slept in a tent trailer which was hooked up to the hitch, others lost gas and coolers. Happens in the middle of the night. RCMP told us if you want to keep it, lock it and keep it out of sight. Fishing used to awesome back then, would like to try it again.

Paul C
03-12-2010, 10:15 AM
We used to go there every may long weekend and camp at the narrows between the two lakes with all the others. We would catch the lakers around the points and drops, usually in 20 ft or less. 2 to 7 lbs was all we caught. We were there for Graham lake but tried the lakers a bit every day. I personaly never caught one but I did snag about a 12 lb plus dead burbot one time, the thing was huge. We were ripped off of our beer and sausage once from the back of our truckbox, while we slept in a tent trailer which was hooked up to the hitch, others lost gas and coolers. Happens in the middle of the night. RCMP told us if you want to keep it, lock it and keep it out of sight. Fishing used to awesome back then, would like to try it again.
It pays to leave a bottle of rye out in the open were some "people" can see it. Its cheap insurance. Good Luck !

RedFisher
03-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Yah its worth the drive... was there last spring and was AMAZING ... you catch alot of 5-10 ... but with a solid mix of 10 -15 and if your lucky you can tie into some big boys....

pr ed
03-14-2010, 10:11 PM
how deep are they in the spring. do you troll:confused:

kmadson
03-18-2010, 07:26 AM
Thanks for all the info , i will be going to try it out, is there a good boat launch there ,

RedFisher
03-18-2010, 08:59 AM
how deep are they in the spring. do you troll:confused:

Yah we usually troll the drop edges... different depts... anything from 20 fow to 60 fow .... my fav. hook for that lake is a orange and silver spoon ... works wonders every time...