PDA

View Full Version : fishing down south

Gary K
03-11-2010, 12:23 PM
looking to head to mcgregor or pcr this weekend, anymews on the ice? adn the action?
never been to pcr so not to sure on where to fish!
would also like to go to keho, never been there either! any info is great
thankls
gary

Gary K
03-12-2010, 12:03 PM
anyone?:scared:

WayneChristie
03-12-2010, 12:49 PM
pike were bitng very good this Tuesday down south. dont know how the ice is now, but it should be ok to walk on, I dont think there are many places in the south safe enough to drive on anymore. Bet there will be vehicles on the ice tho. :D

DarkAisling
03-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I had a response all typed out, and then it became lost in the aether somewhere.

Long story short . . . Clear has started to break up in some places, so I would expect PCR is too. Could be pretty dangerous in places. Pike are apparently pretty active in the south right now.

Can't draw any conclusions about Keho or McGregor, but with the crazy warm temperature we've had I wouldn't expect the ice to be in good shape.

madatter
03-12-2010, 01:23 PM
I had a response all typed out, and then it became lost in the aether somewhere.

Long story short . . . Clear has started to break up in some places, so I would expect PCR is too. Could be pretty dangerous in places. Pike are apparently pretty active in the south right now.

Can't draw any conclusions about Keho or McGregor, but with the crazy warm temperature we've had I wouldn't expect the ice to be in good shape.

Spent the morning at Clear yesterday and it is pretty slow, 2 hits and 1 fish.
The water is very dirty now from runoff and ice is very soft with water gaps in it.I would'nt drive on but someone did...:scared::scared:
With this warm wind howling the ice gets eaten up even faster...
IMO Clear is'nt worth fishing.

WayneChristie
03-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Spent the morning at Clear yesterday and it is pretty slow, 2 hits and 1 fish.
The water is very dirty now from runoff and ice is very soft with water gaps in it.I would'nt drive on but someone did...:scared::scared:
With this warm wind howling the ice gets eaten up even faster...
IMO Clear is'nt worth fishing.

was there any problem getting to the ice from the shore?

madatter
03-12-2010, 01:27 PM
was there any problem getting to the ice from the shore?

None at all but there was water showing on some of the shore-line.
I actually found 10ft of water....did'nt think there was any that deep there!!:lol:

WayneChristie
03-12-2010, 01:31 PM
NW corner is fairtly deep, saw pike swimming just under the ice there a few weeks back. Im glad you and Sandalius saved the big ones for me :D

madatter
03-12-2010, 01:34 PM
NW corner is fairtly deep, saw pike swimming just under the ice there a few weeks back. Im glad you and Sandalius saved the big ones for me :D

Good luck.....You are gonna need it!!:D

enzo
03-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Good luck.....You are gonna need it!!:D

WayneChristie
03-12-2010, 02:31 PM

Shoo Troll
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/258Troll_spray.jpg