PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing in Edmonton,for help

November_rain
03-11-2010, 02:44 PM
I am new comer to Edmonton, does anyone can tell me if I can go ice fishing in North Saskatchewan River or not? Thanks!!!

allenford
03-11-2010, 03:03 PM
No

hockey1099
03-11-2010, 03:04 PM
sign your will first

kreator
03-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Bring your scuba gear.

timsesink
03-11-2010, 03:12 PM
You could, just it would be foolish, dangerous and potentially newsmaking. For some spots to try check out Coal, Wizard, Hasse, Star, Jackfish, Isle, Lac la noone, etc..

dave99
03-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Just got back from a run in Edmonton along the river. Saw a guy on the opposite side, near the zoo, fishing in the open water. I've heard some good things about the walleye/sauger fishing around ice break-up near where Whitemud Ravine hits the N Saskatchewan. Anyone been fishing there in the past?

Good fishin'

hockey1099
03-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Just got back from a run in Edmonton along the river. Saw a guy on the opposite side, near the zoo, fishing in the open water. I've heard some good things about the walleye/sauger fishing around ice break-up near where Whitemud Ravine hits the N Saskatchewan. Anyone been fishing there in the past?

Good fishin'

Anyone know how the fishing is by the dawson bridge? im looking to buy a house in riverdale, if the fishing is good it will make me more likely to buy.

buckmasterjr
03-11-2010, 07:10 PM
There is probably not even and inch of ice on the NSR.

lyallpeder
03-11-2010, 07:13 PM

Good fishin'

Where the whitemud creek enters the north sask river near fort Edmonton is ok for some pike just before it drys up, june or so. That's just what I think

Geezle
03-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Where the whitemud creek enters the north sask river near fort Edmonton is ok for some pike just before it drys up, june or so. That's just what I think

Do you find there's been any change since they started working on the bridge there?

DuckBrat
03-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Anyone know how the fishing is by the dawson bridge? im looking to buy a house in riverdale, if the fishing is good it will make me more likely to buy.

The Dawson stretch is good for Sauger and mooneye and some bigger Goldeye.

Crusty
03-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Did you here about the two ukrainians that went ice fishing in Edmonton? Ya, well, the poor guys died. Happened between periods at an Oilers game. The Zamboni got them. They figure the two guys were just looking for deeper water by the amount of holes drilled. Sad day.

buckmaster
03-11-2010, 08:54 PM

There are some deep holes just north of the dawson bridge.Where the rat creek outfall discharges into the river to be more specific.

DaveFish
03-11-2010, 09:16 PM

x2 suckers too

fish-man
03-11-2010, 11:48 PM
As far as I know it's illegal to ice fish through flowing water in Alberta?

Whitemud creek- lots of guys fish there, I've tried it but didn't like it. Caught fish sometimes (esp. when water was high) but a ton of snags and a lot of poor fishing days also. Don't cast your expensive lures here- most guys fish pickerel rigs.

enzo
03-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Do you find there's been any change since they started working on the bridge there?

Use to be snowing, now it's not, also more bridge now.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-11-2010, 11:58 PM
I am new comer to Edmonton, does anyone can tell me if I can go ice fishing in North Saskatchewan River or not? Thanks!!!

Probably not the smartest idea . Head to Wabamun its close by . If you have problems getting around im sure you could put an ad in the needing a ride thread and there's enough guys around that you'd get out and not end up in harms way .

I was down at the river today shes wide open by town here but very muddy , a week of warm weather and ill be shore fishing :D:D:D:D:D:D:D HALLAUJA

November_rain
04-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Thank you for the information guys. Hope everyone have a good season!!