PDA

View Full Version : Fly Tying Benches in Calgary

DarkAisling
03-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Does anyone know of a store that has fly tying benches in stock, in Calgary? The Fishin' Hole is out of the Oasis "Fly Factory" benches, and they have no idea when they'll have any in. I really like their "Compact Bench" and that one would store nicely in the china cabinet while not in use.

I'm not even going to attempt to describe what my kitchen table looks like right now. I can't even see the table underneath all of the stuff :(

It is too late to phone around to stores, and I want one tomorrow.

Edit: While I really like the Oasis benches, I'd take anything right now.

tonyflyfish
03-11-2010, 11:06 PM
A couple of things I did were:
buy some plastic thread spool holders at Wal mart-for thread, wire etc
Buy some stackable plastic drawers-great for feathers and other large items
took a piece of 2x6 drilled some small holes to keep tools in one place.

pretty basic but made a big difference for me.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-11-2010, 11:11 PM
I use a Pelican Bright Yellow tool box holder , and then put all my hooks I make in Clear plastic tubs and put them in my little table . Its definitely nothing fancy , but All my materials are in one place tools are in one place and its great . Not to mention take it along with my if I want to while im out , make a few custom hooks , and your laughing .

And get an baby change table or old desk , tare the top off it , Permanently afix the vise to the top , plus lots of other storage underneath , have your lamp and megnafineglass on top if you use one .

notagoodtroutfisher
03-12-2010, 05:23 AM
Does anyone know of a store that has fly tying benches in stock, in Calgary? The Fishin' Hole is out of the Oasis "Fly Factory" benches, and they have no idea when they'll have any in. I really like their "Compact Bench" and that one would store nicely in the china cabinet while not in use.

I'm not even going to attempt to describe what my kitchen table looks like right now. I can't even see the table underneath all of the stuff :(

It is too late to phone around to stores, and I want one tomorrow.

Edit: While I really like the Oasis benches, I'd take anything right now.

Hey, a friend of mine uses an old desk. You could pick one up on Kijiji or something. Then he added what he needed to it. He told me the drawers are perfect for organizing. And ths way, you"ll spend alot less