PDA

View Full Version : Hanmore Lake

buckmasterjr
03-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Went to hanmore lake with my dad. Caught a lot of jacks and seen them on the camera. The perch were biting really good but couldnt hook them properly. The jacks were between 60 and 62cm and really skinny. There wasnt any whites all day.

Hannie
03-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Did you catch more fish than your dad?

buckmaster
03-14-2010, 09:07 PM

LOL:lol:, did u go out today? The perch were taking the maggots but were not biting hard enough to set a hook properly at the depth we were in. We fished in 60ft of water.

Hannie
03-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Nope, I was at home losing money on the Forex all day.
A bite like that has more to do with water depth than the actual bite..most times..a light bite in 60ft is not the same as a light bite at 20ft....The hole would have been full of floating perch had you caught them :D

buckmaster
03-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Nope, I was at home losing money on the Forex all day.
A bite like that has more to do with water depth than the actual bite..most times..a light bite in 60ft is not the same as a light bite at 20ft....The hole would have been full of floating perch had you caught them :D

I was debating if was the water depth or was it just me.Anyway,they sure were biting good for most of the day.To bad you couldnt come out.I think sturgeonhound was handcuffed at home also:evilgrin:

Hannie
03-14-2010, 09:21 PM
I was debating if was the water depth or was it just me.Anyway,they sure were biting good for most of the day.To bad you couldnt come out.I think sturgeonhound was handcuffed at home also:evilgrin:

Were there many ppl on the lake? talk to anyone?

I was expecting his weekly Sunday last min panic letsgofishing phone call but it never came.

buckmaster
03-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Were there many ppl on the lake? talk to anyone?

I was expecting his weekly Sunday last min panic letsgofishing phone call but it never came.

There was 2 guys out there fishing beside us. They said there were nets set out lastweek but the results were very poor.I will pm you.

buckmasterjr
03-14-2010, 10:09 PM

I caught 3 pike and my dad caught some perch robbing his maggots without touching the hook. They didn't let him bring them up. It was to deep to pull one up by hand.