PDA

View Full Version : sylvan lake newbie

J-C
03-16-2010, 10:02 PM
deciding to try sylvan lake after the boat and sportsman show. can anyone tell me how to access the lake from highway 2 and what depth anyone has seen been seeing fish at?:wave: feel free to pm me or post. thanks

d bowhunter
03-16-2010, 11:16 PM
If you go through town heading west you can get to honeymoon bay, once you get through town its your first right. Make sure you dont turn to soon, you want to see stubble fields when you turn right. Sorry dont know name of road, go about 2k and your driving on the lake. Was there last Sun fishing was slow in the morning, didnt get there till 9am seen about 10 or 12 whites and some pike no bites till around 2pm. Between 2 and 8pm iced 1 pike about 7ish lbs 1 ling cod about 4lbs and 6 small eyes. The ice was a little soft at the shore but still very thick once you got on the lake, follow the ice road out to the point you will see some weeds and cat tails sticking out of the ice. Go straight out from there 7 ft or so for whites or 15-20 for pike ling and eyes. Minnows and jigs were working well, soft bites it got better as the day went on. Good luck Ps check the first 20 yards or so before you drive on its going to be warm.

J-C
03-17-2010, 10:51 PM
thanks for the info its a good start. anywhere else on the lake thats hot right now... i mean anywhere the fishing is hot lol

K.J
03-18-2010, 12:06 AM
honeymoon bay is down range road 2-0. went there tonight and caught a few small walleye. ice wont last a whole lot longer, its definently not good hard ice anymore. still driveable for now though

J-C
03-18-2010, 03:48 PM
thanks for the update hopefully it will hold up for sunday

TexasTornado
03-25-2010, 12:59 PM
How did you make out? RR23 is the best place for a Newbie to start..........

J-C
03-29-2010, 11:03 PM
that weekend we caught our limit of whites and saw quite a few burbot but weren't targeting them