PDA

View Full Version : Help with NSR please

bnd112
03-17-2010, 02:19 PM
I know this may sound like a broken record, but I just started fishing 2 years ago. I've only ever fished lakes and:confused::confused: never have shorefished a river but after all I have been hearing it is worth alot of attention. Any help with what lures or to to use a pickeral rig would be much appreciated. I have also heard not to bother with the river until mid summer...is this true?

Hannie
03-17-2010, 02:32 PM
I prefer the river at first ice off and it fishes well as long as there not ice on it:)

Jigs, cranks..they all work on the river but the majority of the ppl bait fish it.

Geezle
03-17-2010, 05:02 PM
X2 what he said :)

Welcome to the forum, where are you from? :wave:

redneck posse
03-17-2010, 05:14 PM
bunch of us gettogether and fish the river 3 or 4 times a week if not more. Geezle is 1 of our group of about 6, let us know and you can tag along on a eve if you like.

:wave: welcome to the forum

-JR-
03-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Anyone wet a line this week in the river?

buckmasterjr
03-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Use dew worms with a pickerel rig but use baitholder hooks not the one it comes with.

DaveFish
03-17-2010, 06:56 PM
I tried today 50 feet up from th flow from whitemud to NSR, caught a little sucker, got all muddy, lost a lot of tackle.

Geezle
03-17-2010, 07:08 PM
I tried today 50 feet up from th flow from whitemud to NSR, caught a little sucker, got all muddy, lost a lot of tackle.

The NSR loves to eat tackle! :lol: Consider it a sacrifice to the river gods :)

At least you didn't get skunked :wave:

ghostguy6
03-17-2010, 07:13 PM
The NSR loves to eat tackle! :lol: Consider it a sacrifice to the river gods :)

At least you didn't get skunked :wave:

I dont know Jay, I only lost 4 hooks there last year, maybe its where your placing your casts:tongue2:

Geezle
03-17-2010, 07:17 PM
I dont know Jay, I only lost 4 hooks there last year, maybe its where your placing your casts:tongue2:

You should see the amount of stuff we pulled up tangled on branches out there! :lol:

Logzilla is still there, AFAIK, but it's been pruned a little :)

buckmaster
03-17-2010, 09:03 PM
You should see the amount of stuff we pulled up tangled on branches out there! :lol:

Logzilla is still there, AFAIK, but it's been pruned a little :)

Hey, is that where BBJ found those green thongs that he wears ?!!:lol::lol::lol:

DaveFish
03-17-2010, 10:12 PM
When I was a kid, I caught a grocery bag /w a coconut, some old pieces of carrot, and afew candy wrappers. The coconut was helping the bag float down the river

Geezle
03-18-2010, 06:37 AM
Hey, is that where BBJ found those green thongs that he wears ?!!:lol::lol::lol:

I dunno...word on the street is that the thong was a custom job! :lol:

bnd112
03-18-2010, 10:02 AM
X2 what he said :)

Welcome to the forum, where are you from? :wave:
Thanks for the help. I live just North of the city(Bon Accord) and I fished once last year by the Vinca bridge but didn't have a clue what I was doing. Thanks for the advice.

bnd112
03-18-2010, 10:06 AM
bunch of us gettogether and fish the river 3 or 4 times a week if not more. Geezle is 1 of our group of about 6, let us know and you can tag along on a eve if you like.

:wave: welcome to the forum
That would be awesome, I really appreciate the advice and the offer. Where do you guys go? This year I want to dedicate alot of time to geting to know the river and try a few differrent locations.