PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Fishing

Rigg dogg
03-18-2010, 12:36 AM
I have had to cancell a few Holiday, Fishing trips this year. All over other peoples BS.

So I got drunk the other night, 3 Songs in a Row with New Orleans in the title.
Have always wanted to go down and check it out in LA. Never had the time though.

Booked a couple flights, 1 day of offshore fishing and a day in the cooking class.

Should be good Yellow Fin Tuna fishing.

Anybody have any other ideas??

morgan
03-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Louisiana is a really cool place. I was down there 2 summers ago and did a bunch of fishing out in the Gulf with a friend who lives in Lafayette. We mostly chased the Redfish and a fish they call a Speckled Trout (Specks) which looked almost like a walleye. Had a tonne of fun fishing , eating, and drinking a pile of that super light beer. Doesn't matter where you go to eat, everything tastes good. Pretty cool to see all the offshore drilling platforms and production platforms out in the ocean. We actually tied our boat to a wellhead that was sticking out of the water some 40 miles offshore. Oh ya and there's Bourbon street. Don't play any shoe games with the locals (advice from my buddy in Lafayette) while your on Bourbon street. Go to Patty O"briens or The Cats Meow. You will have a great time.

Rigg dogg
03-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Morgan thanks for the reply.

I was going to try some inshore fishing for Redfish and Trout but decided to go offshore. Get a look @ some of the rigs and production platforms out there. Heading over to Lafayette for a swamp tour. Going to stop in Baton Rouge and see what's there.

I love Cajun cooking, want to improve my Jambalya recipie a bit. So will be taking some lessons.

I am guessing the place's you suggested might not be the best place to bring the wife :lol::lol:. Might have to save those for the next trip :)

Donny Bear
03-21-2010, 04:05 AM
Well it won't look the same as when I was last there but if you drive careful thru Golden Medows(police Trap) go to Grand Isle you can catch Specs and Reds maybe a Drum or two, if it was Oct-Dec I would think Tarpon as well. oh well thats cheap shore/bridge fishing and Grand Isle in/was a cool place. You might enjoy crabbing for some blue point while you are at it I prefer just eating them:D Laffayette has a couple great Bar B-Q places and while Coming up I-10 hit Whiskey Flats should see some nice bikes.