PDA

View Full Version : Flies from Icky Fly Works

flygirrl
03-19-2010, 06:10 PM
:wave:Just purchased 2 boxes of flies from Icky Fly Works, the Bow River fly pack and the lake fly pack. Just happened to spot them as I was trying not to browse the fishing section at U.F.A.:evilgrin:
Has anyone had any experience with these flies? They seem to be tied up well and they are supposed to be hand tied. I keep deluding:cry: myself that I will have time to tie some flies but I know now it isnt going to happen. Would be intrested in what anyone who has used these flies has to say.

DarkAisling
03-19-2010, 06:41 PM
I love Icky flies :) I've got a bunch of them, and they're great.

Spidey
03-19-2010, 07:03 PM
I love Icky flies :) I've got a bunch of them, and they're great.

x2 - good prices, too. And if you do a couple orders they seem to throw in a 15% off coupon (as least they did last year.... hint...hint...)

flygirrl
03-19-2010, 07:21 PM
:lol::lol: Hummm save money= more flies:evilgrin:

Geezle
03-19-2010, 07:30 PM

If there's one thing that I learned in life, it's that if some is good, more is better! :evilgrin: :lol:

Spidey
03-19-2010, 08:08 PM

:o I guess I should have qualified my "hint...hint" it was intended for Ben at Icky Flyworks in the hope that he does the same again this year. Although my wife says that if we can harness my power to state the obvious we wouldn't need Direct Energy any more :o

kinwahkly
03-19-2010, 10:59 PM
I have ordered flys from them also very good company

FlYiNGuY
03-20-2010, 02:26 AM
Two Thumbs Up for Icky over here too.. Great product!

fishstix
03-20-2010, 08:39 AM
If there's one thing that I learned in life, it's that if some is good, more is better! :evilgrin: :lol:

Ha ha ha, i like that geezle. some is good more is better. It goes with my "road of excess..." line.

Fishstix!!:cool:

flygirrl
03-20-2010, 04:47 PM
:wave:Thats funny because I was organizing the baby barn and realized I have 3 very large tackle boxes full. The funny part was Im like a squirrl, everytime I go to a fishing shop I buy something and come home and store it in the drawer in the Comp room:lol: Something like storing peanuts:lol: And to believe Im honestly contemplating a trip to Bass Pro Shop tomorrow.... Need my head examined....:sick:

WayneChristie
03-20-2010, 05:27 PM
:wave:Thats funny because I was organizing the baby barn and realized I have 3 very large tackle boxes full. The funny part was Im like a squirrl, everytime I go to a fishing shop I buy something and come home and store it in the drawer in the Comp room:lol: Something like storing peanuts:lol: And to believe Im honestly contemplating a trip to Bass Pro Shop tomorrow.... Need my head examined....:sick:

dont hear anyone arguing with you there :evilgrin:

tonyflyfish
04-27-2010, 10:53 PM
another very happy customer-i have to try something different to keep JTS in line