PDA

View Full Version : grizzly or trapper lake north east of edson

jrmoyan
03-20-2010, 06:18 PM
just wondering if anyones been to grizzly or trapper lake this winter just wondering how the fishing is thinking of going there in the am

lambski
03-21-2010, 10:57 AM
I fished there a couple times but never through the ice. Grizzly was a really nice clear lake but it was almost like it was dead. Caught a rainbow at trapper but it wasnt big by any means. I remember seeing fish rising at trapper and it was like pods of fish and you just seen there backs, must have been grayling?? I dont hear much about these lakes but I wouldnt mind knowing a little more, is there any good size fish in them the sign said it was a trophy fishery.:evilgrin:

300MAG1620
05-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Ive heard from a couple guys that 6-8 lb rainbows are quite common out of grizzly lake. Trapper is only supposed to have rainbows where as grizzly has grayling and rainbows. I was just up in that area this past weekend and we searched high and low and couldn't find them lakes anywhere. We put 120 km on the quads and didn't find nothing for bodies of water. I was just wondering if anyone has been in there and could give a guy some better directions than the ones we got from some guy camping out there.

buckbrushoutdoors
05-26-2010, 08:31 PM
can someone please tell me where this lake is sorry to be so blunt but the family bought a lake lot on long lake, and we have tried so hard to find those two little lakes. Either I dont know how to read a map or I just cant find them.

smitty9
05-26-2010, 09:46 PM
It doesn't help that - to my knowledge anyways - that Barry's AFG completely contradicts what's in the Backroad's Mapbook.

I suggest phoning F&W division in Edson.

Smitty

angler1
05-27-2010, 08:35 AM
The lakes are on the other side of the road from what the backroads map book says. It is really west of Tom Hill tower not east. There are a couple of different ways in there. Just ask the tower attendant he will probobly point you down the right cut line .

smitty9
05-27-2010, 11:02 AM
The lakes are on the other side of the road from what the backroads map book says. It is really west of Tom Hill tower not east. There are a couple of different ways in there. Just ask the tower attendant he will probobly point you down the right cut line .

Ah. Thought the AFG was right (and BM was wrong).

Thanks for clearing that up. Good to know.

Smitty

fishman
05-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Grizzly lake use to have grayling in it but i don't think anything is stocked in it any more and it is the prettier of the two lakes............trapper is just a big muskeg lake with no shore lake complete drop off and both lakes u need to quad into and if not there before hope u have a gps

buckbrushoutdoors
06-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Well we finally found these lakes this spring has anyone been there this year? I'm heading to the cabin for long weekend and I'm going to try them out! Any tips on what to catch them on flys or spinning gear?

Pierre
06-29-2011, 11:13 AM
I've never been to either,

according to the stocking reports, Trapper gets stocked every even year with 2000 rainbows.

According to the same stocking reports, Grizzly hasn't been stocked since 2005 when 2000 brookies were stocked

buckbrushoutdoors
07-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Anyone been this year? Headed out next weekend with the kids