PDA

View Full Version : Glenmore res

jesse34567
03-21-2010, 12:19 PM
ice off yet, do u guys think it will happen during spring break?

walking buffalo
03-21-2010, 02:35 PM
I checked last week. Completely covered, with very little water on the edge in spots. The was a tiny bit of open water where the Elbow comes in. Could be fishable there now.

The Fisherman Guy
03-21-2010, 04:19 PM
There was standing water all over the ice south of Glenmore, but that was before the last snow. It'll be a while yet, 3 maybe 4 weeks.

Gary K
03-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Where do you guys fish the res? I live right by the damn. Never really fished it

the holster
03-21-2010, 05:22 PM
I think you mean dam, the other word is a swear. Just kidding.
the holster

walking buffalo
03-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Where do you guys fish the res? I live right by the damn. Never really fished it

Pike, perch, rainbows, browns, some cutthroat, RM whitefish. They are all in there. Most people fish from shore, you could fish where you see other people. My favorite is to bring a canoe, you can launch by the canoe club (west side), Heritage Park (east side), or the yacht club (south side). Use google earth to get an idea of the structure.

WayneChristie
03-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Pike, perch, rainbows, browns, some cutthroat, RM whitefish. They are all in there. Most people fish from shore, you could fish where you see other people. My favorite is to bring a canoe, you can launch by the canoe club (west side), Heritage Park (east side), or the yacht club (south side). Use google earth to get an idea of the structure.

walleye too

walking buffalo
03-21-2010, 05:49 PM
walleye too

I didn't know that. Now I have to catch one for the Glenmore Slam!

I believe there are burbot in there as well, I need one of those too.

Funfishing
03-21-2010, 07:19 PM
I didn't know that. Now I have to catch one for the Glenmore Slam!

I believe there are burbot in there as well, I need one of those too.

I didn't know there were walleye there either. Have anyone pulled one out from there?

But I did catch a ling from there.

Gary K
03-21-2010, 07:24 PM
wow i had no idea those were in there! i figured just trout and maybe mountain whites. what do you guys use for a lure out there, targeting anything! i lvie right there and would love to go out in the evning from shore on the weeknights and kill a few hours!
anyplace better than others? like i said i live on the north end by the DAM (cant belive i wrote damn:scared:)
looking forward to hearing more

jesse34567
03-21-2010, 09:05 PM
thanks for the help guys,

as for fishing glenmore i have always throwed a white spinnerbait