PDA

View Full Version : Smaller lakes with foot access?

dbcooper
03-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey Guy's

Did a search and haven't had much luck. But I am looking for some smaller lakes in the Rocky/foothills area with some good campsites and more importantly easy access to shore fish at multiple areas around the lake. Bought an RV and have no boat. The kids and I would like to do some fishing this summer. I already have a good idea of rivers and streams but am looking for lakes.

Any ideas?

DB

ishootbambi
03-21-2010, 11:25 PM
about the only ones i can think of that are walk in, but not too far from your rv is bear pond and big iron lake in south k-country west of nanton. they have grayling which are kinda neat if you've never caught one before. i forget the name of it, but there is a lake in the castle area that has golden trout. its a bit longer of a hike, but well worth it. now that i mentioned it, someone will name it. if not call the fish cops in blairmore for details.

Fishhunter
03-22-2010, 06:29 AM
Fish lake or goldeye lake not far west of nordegg and they hold some decent rainbows.also walking trail around the lake at fish is great for the family.

thumper
03-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Jasper National Park has a number of walk-in lakes, just a short drive from campgrounds.

dbcooper
03-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Fish lake or goldeye lake not far west of nordegg and they hold some decent rainbows.also walking trail around the lake at fish is great for the family.

Thanks fishhunter. I will check my camp ground guide for sites on the lake.

DB

dbcooper
03-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Jasper National Park has a number of walk-in lakes, just a short drive from campgrounds.

Thanks for the info. Not being lazy... but I now know the limitations of a Class C RV. Unless I want to pack up and leave the campground everytime we want to fish... I am stuck trying to get as close to the fishing hole as I can or pull a vehicle which is not going to happen soon...

Thanks for input though.

DB

WayneChristie
03-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Beaver Mines lake is great too. or Beavais

jacob1202
03-22-2010, 05:55 PM
try jarvis lake by hinton....

jacob1202
03-22-2010, 05:56 PM
great fishing btw