PDA

View Full Version : wabuman

JessePat
03-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Does anyone know the ice quality of wabuman? Is it still safe to drive a car on or walk on for that matter and where is the best spot to get on? I am guessing jigging a minnow is the best bet there? I am new to ice fishing so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

fish-man
03-23-2010, 09:06 PM
I don't know about the Seba Beach end but at the village of Wabamun end it's all open water.

curtis_rak
03-23-2010, 09:45 PM
I fished at Fallis on March 14 and the ice was 18-22". Its been pretty warm since then, so who knows what its like today.

Safety D
03-24-2010, 07:33 AM
Can a guy get his boat on there this weekend??? is it open water at the launch

pikehunter1989
03-24-2010, 01:25 PM
was at seba beach this last sunday (21st) i would say its fine to drive over there..saw a 3/4 ton come on at the boat launch and there was some guys out there with a van and a 1/4 ton parked side by side..i didnt drive on cuz i was 1st there but if you head by the weed bed on the west side and about 100 ft back from the point in 5-10 ft of water you should catch some nice pike. but the ice is a bit weaker over there from how thick that weed bed is..we walked on by the cabins and with 3 of us walking on it the ice was cracking good under our feet until about 100 ft out so just be careful..bring some ice cleats as it is VERY slippery out there. but walking out to that spot is easy..if you have a few guys to help with equipment its easy anyways

oh and they were hitting good on pretty much anything in the 6-8 inch bait range

burbotman14
03-24-2010, 06:32 PM
How is the ice to the west of the town at the Yacht club?

JessePat
03-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the head up Pikehunter. I am going to give it a try on Saturday. I think I will keep the car off the ice and just walk over. Get some exercise! I will definitely try and find the spot you are talking about. It will be my first time their so hopefully the spot you are talking about is pretty self evident. If all else fails I will talk to the other people there fishing and seeing what's going on. I hope this cold snap thickened up the ice a little bit. Any more tips or suggestions I will be glad to hear them. Or better yet, if your free Saturday you should come out. That goes for any other members

pikehunter1989
03-24-2010, 09:37 PM
No proplem. Ya its super easy to see. In a small car you would probobly be fine
but ya the excersize is always good for a guy lol. I'll see what I can swing and
might be out there. Sunday I will be there for sure if your not busy. As for the
spot..when you come to the lake if you drive out go to the dock and drive on
there. If you hike it than you drive past the dock (left side if looking at the lake)
and there will be another access point to the lake and its straight out from
there..in that whole side basically just look for the thick cat tails on the left side of the bay. But if your right on the point it isn't great vut stay back 50 to 100 from the point and they will come around

JessePat
03-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Perfect. Yah I wasn't too sure if you were saying 100m from the point as in straight out form it, or 100m from the point but close to the shore. I understand now. With my luck ice fishing lately I will just be happy with some small ones, ha ha. Thank again and I will let you know how it goes.

pikehunter1989
03-25-2010, 10:25 AM
small ones in that lake is like 5 lbs lol..i think all the hammer handles just get eaten for a snack lol :)..anyways good luck..if i can swing it than ill see you out there probobly