PDA

View Full Version : wabamun

wally slayer
03-23-2010, 09:37 PM
any body know if you can get a boat in the water with a big motor?

curtis_rak
03-23-2010, 09:41 PM
I am also curious. Im gonna drive out there on Friday (pending a reply to this thread of course) and have a look at the launch.

I was at the launch on March 14th and the ice was at the end of the pier in town. Im sure it has receded since then, bu not sure how much.

wally slayer
03-23-2010, 09:46 PM
could you keep me posted? i really want to get out there and try my luck on some of these BIG pike out there. thinking of going on sat or sun..:cool:

curtis_rak
03-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Ya I have the same idea for this weekend.... I will post my findings on Friday evening.

wally slayer
03-24-2010, 07:44 PM
That would be fishtastic:lol:

JohninAB
03-24-2010, 08:22 PM
I will save everyone the trip. Stopped there on my way home from Edmonton. Launch in town is ice free.

I will be out there in a black and grey Crestliner single console. Swing by and say hello if so inclined as always nice to meet fellow AO members.

curtis_rak
03-24-2010, 09:18 PM
White/black/red Full windshield Sylvan is me.... I will be there Sat and/or Sun

JohninAB
03-24-2010, 09:20 PM
K, will see you out there. Compare notes on what is working and what isn't.

hockey1099
03-24-2010, 10:50 PM
I will save everyone the trip. Stopped there on my way home from Edmonton. Launch in town is ice free.

I will be out there in a black and grey Crestliner single console. Swing by and say hello if so inclined as always nice to meet fellow AO members.

Thanks for the heads up. I hope to get out but im in the midst of a total renovation and might not be able to make it. im hoping for sunday

wally slayer
03-25-2010, 04:41 PM
sweet thank you very much , i will stop by and thank you in person im going to be in a silver 14ft misty river so if you see it your more than welcome to stop by too.... finally its boating time and this year im after the 20lb plus club....see you out there on sat.:D:D:D:D:D

thorne
03-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Ya BABY!! 18 ft Black and white Grew will be mine!! Gonna be crowded in that little bay! Oh well it'll be a floating meet and greet!

curtis_rak
03-29-2010, 01:56 PM
So I was out yesterday in my boat. Me and a buddy fished near the plant and then eventually made our way towards the intake west of the plant.

I found the fishing to be pretty average. It was a bit crowded around the plant so we fished the edges of the honey-hole and managed a few. There were also a coupl to be had near the intake, but NOTHING between the intake and the outlet at all.

I had my best success with a top-water buzz bait (black skirt) in about 2' of water. Caught a couple fiesty small Pike with that. We seen a lot of very big Pike in the shallows, but they werent having any of it. Maybe they are in spawn already?

I noticed a couple fly fishermen were doing pretty well.