PDA

View Full Version : New here. Anyone fishing Carson Lake?

greywolffan
03-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Would love to drive to Carson this week. Any reports on the ice thickness and hows the trout catching. Thank you anyone . This is a cool site:love:

burbotman14
03-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Would love to drive to Carson this week. Any reports on the ice thickness and hows the trout catching. Thank you anyone . This is a cool site:love:

The ice is still a good 28 inches and the access was still solid. Went last week and caught about 50. You should have no problem limiting out. I do not know how much snow they got up there but when we went up last week it was almost all ice. Hard to walk.

BEL
03-24-2010, 10:58 PM
I am thinking that in 2 weeks the ice should still be solid enough for walking on and ice fishing, yes?? BEL

greywolffan
03-25-2010, 07:00 AM
Thanks you guys. Should be fun at Carson. Beena while since I have fished there:)

WTHunter
03-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Was there last Friday......fishing was slowish. If we would have kept smaller ones we would have limited out. Ice is thick and driving was no problem, didn't need 4WD at all. I live in Mayerthorpe....and we didn't get much snow at all....way less than Edmonton. Assuming that Carson is similar? Good luck.

robbier
03-25-2010, 05:44 PM
fished it thurs.march 25.only 3 vehicles on the ice.fog conditions.no wind.still 28-30 inches of ice..caught over 30 trout in 3 hours.could not get bait down without a fish hitting!!fished 18-20ft of water.when u get close to bottom the big ones hit.lots of 3/4 lbs & smaller.did get 3 2lbers.use shrimp.havent seen it like this in a long while.plan 2 go back mon.it was great!

greywolffan
03-26-2010, 09:49 AM
cool. Thanks for all the info. We just might go get some trout after all .:love:

Paul C
03-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Was there last Friday......fishing was slowish. If we would have kept smaller ones we would have limited out. Ice is thick and driving was no problem, didn't need 4WD at all. I live in Mayerthorpe....and we didn't get much snow at all....way less than Edmonton. Assuming that Carson is similar? Good luck.
I am very surprised to hear the lake was slow for you.:huh: Fishing the morning produces lots of bites and lots of action for those people who like to use light fishing tackle.

WTHunter
03-27-2010, 10:12 AM
I did say slowish! There is slow and there is "Carson Slow". When I was out last week it was the slowest of the 7-8 times I'd been there this winter. In January and February, there were days were you'd limit out very quickly, and had a hard time getting the hook down the hole without a bite....recently it has been a lot of little crap. It was taking longer to catch 5 in the 14oz-1 1/2 lb range. The CO that lives there was even saying that for a couple of weeks he was not seeing much for decent fish come up at all....but the small stuff bit constantly. I'll be back out on Tuesday I expect.....and expect it will be faster action again based upon the reports above. Should be a good day today to be on the lake.....we'll see how the fishing reports are!

Guesswho
03-28-2010, 09:05 AM

Oh dont ask any questions because you could contribute to the decline and over fishing of a lake. this website is for hypothetical conversations only.