PDA

View Full Version : Tay Lake?

StrayArc
03-25-2010, 02:25 PM
A friend of mine had mentioned tay lake but could not remember how to get there. I've searched the board and looked at maps and other resources and can't find anything. any info would be greatly appreciated!

Scotty P.
03-25-2010, 02:35 PM
The only Tay lake I'm aware of is the one outside of Caroline. I've never been there myself but I think it's close to Phyllis Lake in Clearwater County. Check the "Backroads Map Book" I'm sure it's in there.

the holster
03-25-2010, 03:11 PM
This lake has been very good for ice fishing.It is very close to Alford Lake. There is a Hunter Education Conservation Centre west of Caroline. Once you get to the Conservation Centre you stay on a gravel road and drive north past the shooting range. You know you are on the right road if you see Alford Lake on your right side as well as a saw mill McLeans, I believe is the name. The road takes a hard left and you follow this for about 5-8minutes. You will see a well head on your left and on the crest of the road. About 1 minute from hear look for a cutline (primitive road that can be driven with 4x4 in the winter) on your left side. Walk or drive down this road as it heads south. This is about a 10-15 minute walk. You will notice the Tay on your left side. Good luck.
the holster

StrayArc
03-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Awesome! thank you for the directions. I'll prolly have to wait till summer as i don't have a 4x4. I find it very exciting to search and find info on different lakes in the area!
Thanks again!

StrayArc
03-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Another good find! After you said it was near alford lake i looked for alford on anglers atlas and found a good map with tay beside it. Perfect!

trapshooter
03-28-2010, 12:10 PM
PM