View Full Version : Edmonton Outdoor Show-Campers/Fishin Hole

tonyflyfish
03-25-2010, 08:33 PM
anyone been over to the Mayfield yet?
Am going tomorrow in the afternoon.
t

fishmania
03-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Me too Im taking off early from work tomorrow to head down to the show:innocent:

DaveFish
03-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Same, going tomorrow

ghostguy6
03-25-2010, 08:48 PM
I just got back.... it was rather disapointing. There were some 40% off sales on discontinued rods and reels. There were some fly rods 40-50 % off but I didnt check them out to much. Had some fly lines discounted 40% but selection was very limited and most likely sold out by now. Everything else was 10% off.

I didnt see any deals on the Campers Village side other than footwear. I think they marked everything up before putting it on "sale".

I did pick up a Quantem Energy PT for $70 so it wasnt all bad.

bobby2unes
03-25-2010, 09:57 PM
I went there tonight too. Saved $50 on a fly rod and $20 on an ultra light. 50% off on some some pike lures (top water, cranks) and 10% off on trout spinners and bunch of other stuff. Not bad, wasn't expecting them to give away the farm. Staff was pretty friendly. It was a way better experience than the Sportsman Show that's for sure. I won't need to go there again. $20 admission for me and the boy and $12 for parking! Give me a freaking break!

DaveFish
03-25-2010, 10:35 PM
I went there tonight too. Saved $50 on a fly rod and $20 on an ultra light. 50% off on some some pike lures (top water, cranks) and 10% off on trout spinners and bunch of other stuff. Not bad, wasn't expecting them to give away the farm. Staff was pretty friendly. It was a way better experience than the Sportsman Show that's for sure. I won't need to go there again. $20 admission for me and the boy and $12 for parking! Give me a freaking break!

Yea, the boat show is getting out of hand, full truck and 72 dollars just to get in(6 people), atleast the hunting/fishing is outa the stinky basement.

dragon
03-26-2010, 10:36 AM

32 bucks? still cheaper than a movie... IMO look around for parking. I park for free at the old eastwood health unit on 118 ave. The guy is there during big events and it's only 8 bucks... best part is it's still closer to the entrances of rexall place and the sports area.

I was looking for a boat this year but I enjoy the show as there are lots of things you can check out besides just gear. I guess having a little boy also helps cause he was into all the dog stuff and owls and such.

I also checked out the show last night and it was alright... I prefer going to the fishing hole store. Usually you get 1 on 1 help with another fisherman and they give you a tip or tell you about a new knot or something.

As for the camping side of things they had some decent deals on tents and stuff. Nothing to go crazy over. The price was right though although my kids didn't enjoy this show as much.

McLeod
03-26-2010, 11:50 AM
I always wish they would release the Seminar Schedule before you get there.
Fred Noddin used to do seminars at the show and he was great. But last year they never brought him back :cry:

tonyflyfish
03-26-2010, 03:44 PM
was up there this afternoon and it was the typical show. I have decided on a Sage XLT and a Sage clicker-all 4 weight.
Met Rob M. GOOD GUY you can tell by the hand shake.
Didn't buy anything but have the rod and reel picked out.
Now at home watching the WFN and getting very anxious for water.

t

fishmania
03-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Went this afternoon was very tempted to get a baitcast setup but pass on the temptation.Did pick up a min kota 30lb for my inflatable for a good price
Might go back tomorrow I still have that baitcast setup still on the brain

bushnell
03-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Was there this afternoon,the sale was ok, but not the best one they put on.Some good deals to be had,if you look for them.Their best sale of the year is still the end of season sale.

ralphmayer
03-27-2010, 06:14 PM
got 40% off g loomis rod i was happy but it was the only one there also 40$ off 7000c3i abu garcia

DaveFish
03-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Picked up a fishfinder, 2 rapala rods, 2 rapala reels, sunglasses, some line. Got some awesome deals and free stuff because I asked, lol.

Kim473
03-28-2010, 04:02 AM
I refuse to go someplace and pay money to be able to buy there stuff. LOL

DaveFish
03-28-2010, 09:39 AM
I refuse to go someplace and pay money to be able to buy there stuff. LOL

The fishin hole/campers village show on this weekend is free parking/free entrance(they ask you to donate to the food bank, but lotsa people didn't)

Kim473
03-28-2010, 11:33 AM
I dont have a problem with that but others when you have to pay say $10 to buy there stuff I wont go. Food bank is good.

McLeod
03-29-2010, 07:52 AM
Had a good chat Rob M .. About Mystery Brookie lakes etc..
He is a good guy and I will be renewing again.
Again disappointed with seminar topics..Maybe need to bring in my own pictures and do my own seminar..They ned to bring back Fred N .

Wilderness Craftsman
04-05-2010, 07:49 PM
I was down there for a while. The fishing deals were nothing special. NO selection on lure's for trout or smaller fish. Overall disapointing. did get some sweet sunglasses for 20 bucks though

Albertafisher
04-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I was there too, again nothing special, but I did get a nice st.croix fly rod for 40% off which was nice.