PDA

View Full Version : Wax Worms in Long Lake

buckmasterjr
03-26-2010, 12:55 PM
I know the perch in long lake are fussy so i was just wondering if wax worms would work in long lake. Also what kind of jig head color?

lambski
03-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Butterworms

Kim473
03-27-2010, 05:06 AM
I have no problem with a 2" rubber tailed jig and maggot. But I do have a problem with finding them. Gotta hunt them. Move a lot till you find them. A flasher or camera helps to locate them.

buckmasterjr
03-27-2010, 09:49 AM
I have no problem with a 2" rubber tailed jig and maggot. But I do have a problem with finding them. Gotta hunt them. Move a lot till you find them. A flasher or camera helps to locate them.

What color of tail?

Kim473
03-28-2010, 04:14 AM
Green, Orange, Yellow, changes from day to day, Orange has been the best for me this year. Wish I could find some in a shinner kind of color. I tried a pink head once and found they were bitting the head more than the tail. No pink tails in my box. LOL

buckmasterjr
03-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Green, Orange, Yellow, changes from day to day, Orange has been the best for me this year. Wish I could find some in a shinner kind of color. I tried a pink head once and found they were bitting the head more than the tail. No pink tails in my box. LOL

Thanks I will give it a try.:wave: BTW: You can find bright orange tails at canadian tire. I cannot remember which brand it is though.