PDA

View Full Version : Sylvan Lake ice

slingshotz
03-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Anyone been on Sylvan in the last few days? Wanting to try it out once before it closes and would appreciate an update on the ice conditions. If we go it'll be the south side either RR23 or RR20.

Thanks.

ROAD HAMMER
03-27-2010, 11:20 PM
I was wondering how the ice was to I have to pull my shack off tomorrow from RR23 can I still drive on to the ice or is their to much open water at shore?

TexasTornado
03-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Not sure about RR23 but i saw a handful of trucks still bombing around near the main town site on the weekend. A bunch of shacks got pretty wrecked down RR23 hopefully yours wasn't one of them.

Vessey
03-29-2010, 12:13 PM
We were at Sunbraker Cove on Saturday and the ice was fine, still lots of good clear ice. Getting on the lake was fine too, the ice was right up to the shore.

kinwahkly
03-29-2010, 03:33 PM
I was at rr23 on Sunday and there were a lot of guys driving the ice including the game warden, it might be a little dicey pulling youre shack out as the driveway is very dicey

slingshotz
03-29-2010, 07:47 PM
I was at rr23 on Sunday and there were a lot of guys driving the ice including the game warden, it might be a little dicey pulling youre shack out as the driveway is very dicey

Who were you on the ice? We were there on Sunday as well and the oriental group in front of us almost got their nose of their minivan buried into the mud getting onto the ice at a bad spot. It was pretty funny but I really shouldn't be laughing either :lol:

We were the ones in the the red Nissan truck with the annoying dog that kept visiting everyone looking for food (not the big golden lab), sorry if she bothered you too.

Hope you got the shack off Road Hammer, can't see the shore ice lasting too much longer.