PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Slave Lake- Kinuso Report

chad66
03-29-2010, 01:42 PM
I went fishing at Slave last weekend at Kinuso. The fishing was steady throughout the day. We caught several nice walleye in the 23-24 inch range. The burbot really came on strong after dark and we caught pike and whitefish as well. As you can see from the photos, the ice conditions are deteriorating quickly.

greywolffan
03-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Wow. Talk about a die hard ice fisherman. Truck is toast and still wants to fish. I would probably do the same. Was at Joussard sunday. Lots of ice but tons of floodwater. Hope everyone was ok in the truck

chad66
03-29-2010, 02:05 PM
It is off the ice as of 7:30 last night. Nothing that money and time can't fix.

perchfinder
03-29-2010, 02:18 PM
aw man that sucks when that happens.... at least the fishing was good!

crazyfish
03-29-2010, 06:10 PM
wow, and a change of shorts, cuz i know mine would have been full ! :sick:

Shmag
03-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Hey, are you the guy's that walked and got my buddy in his haglund to pull you out??? He said he broke through with his haglund as well, only 2-3 inches of ice there

You guys are brave, a week before this another buddy almost lost his quad maybe in the same hole you guys hit.

bigmeadow
03-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Those are crazy pics.....

chad66
03-30-2010, 07:35 AM
Hey, are you the guy's that walked and got my buddy in his haglund to pull you out??? He said he broke through with his haglund as well, only 2-3 inches of ice there

You guys are brave, a week before this another buddy almost lost his quad maybe in the same hole you guys hit.

No. That was the day before we got there. I did speak with Shannon though, he hooked us up with some phone numbers. Funny thing is, most everyone that had the type of extraction equipment we needed was in Kinuso curling.

Brave? Hmmm....that is not the word my wife used :wave:

zabbo
03-30-2010, 07:47 AM
No. That was the day before we got there. I did speak with Shannon though, he hooked us up with some phone numbers. Funny thing is, most everyone that had the type of extraction equipment we needed was in Kinuso curling.

Brave? Hmmm....that is not the word my wife used :wave:

I'm sure she had quite a few words fer ya!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Important thing is, nobody got hurt.

chad66
03-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Wow. Talk about a die hard ice fisherman. Truck is toast and still wants to fish. I would probably do the same. Was at Joussard sunday. Lots of ice but tons of floodwater. Hope everyone was ok in the truck

Sorry greywolffan, to be clear, No, It wasn't my truck. The truck belongs to a friend who was one of three vehicles in the fishing party.