PDA

View Full Version : Utik Ice

highwood
03-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Howdy Boys, anybody been on Utik in the last couple days? Just wondering how the ice at the entrance is holding up. I was there a week ago and there still 30 inches or so but we all know how soft the entrance gets in the spring. Im thinking of heading up on Friday but dont want to make the drive if I cant get my truck on. Thanks Gentlemen...and ladies of course.

Shmag
03-30-2010, 06:50 PM
My dad was there yesterday, said the entrance was still pretty good in the morning and not so good in the afternoon coming off. He went back today, but still have not heard back from him.

Will post back tonight if i hear back from him to see what it's looking like today

Shmag
03-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Just heard back from dad, he said the ice was actually better today than yesterday. Said it was pretty cold out today and froze over the night before.

The day before he said, coming off looks like guys were staying way right of the main trail. Not sure what it will look like by friday, i am guessing it should be ok, but thats a guess. This was at the km 86 entrance.

Fishing was very slow...Good luck!!!

highwood
03-31-2010, 08:50 AM
Thank you kindly. When I was there last week guys were staying a little south of the main drag coming off at 86 as well. Its mostly just mud there as the water level is so low on that lake right now. As long as she stays a little cooler at night I dont see much of an issue.

crown royal 17
03-31-2010, 10:12 AM
Was up there yesterday road muddy coming off the ice fishing was good for us.We mostly fish south side lake and Island have patience the walleye started to bite after 5pm caught pike and perch as well, going back on Friday.
Have fun.