PDA

View Full Version : Bullshead opener

whitetail Junkie
03-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Just thought i'd let you Big Time Trout guys know that part of bullshead lake is open water already,my cousin checked it out sunday,Cu there either Thursday or Friday,:wave:

keljay
03-30-2010, 08:20 PM
WooHoo!! I'll be there Thursday evening hopefully, and seeing as it's a long weekend I'll probably be out there a few more times.

Feel free to come say hi and give me some pointers! I'll be wearing an olive green jacket, and a tan baseball hat.

npauls
03-30-2010, 08:37 PM
I should be out there saturday and sunday wearing a mesh style vest and a g loomis fear no fish hat in black. Probably fishing the side closest to the passing road. Stop by and say hi. Hopefully I will be getting into them like I did last year on opening weekend.

Nate

madatter
03-30-2010, 08:37 PM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/bosro/Fishing/P1010513.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/bosro/Fishing/P1010516.jpg

This was Bullshead this morning.
North side is all ice still but south is wide open.
I only found 3 dead trout so they did'nt winter bad....

keljay
03-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the pics Madatter. I've never fished Bullshead before, and those pics got me pretty excited! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve lol!

trophyboy
03-30-2010, 09:07 PM
WOW. Thanks for the update. I was a bit worried about winterkill. That's good news. You must have saw the three floaters I saw.

npauls
03-30-2010, 09:52 PM
wow that is sweet. I might have to launch the boat and test out the new vantage and rip around the lake with the electronics and toss flies at some fat hungry trout. Thanks for the pics.

Nate

nicemustang
03-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Is there a motor or speed restriction? Better check on that nate. I never been but I recall reading it somewhere.

ishootbambi
03-31-2010, 12:25 AM
no gas, electric only.

Fishfinder
03-31-2010, 05:51 AM
Hoping to meet a few fellow members out there as well! Thanx for the pics madatter. Get's me heart thumping! I'll be the guy with 2 hounds that honestly look like 'Littlest hobo' n 'Lassie'. Come say Hi all, n don't worry bout the pooches...all bark no bite.
Pray for minimal wind folks! C u at the gate:):wave:

WayneChristie
03-31-2010, 07:14 AM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/bosro/Fishing/P1010516.jpg

This was Bullshead this morning.
North side is all ice still but south is wide open.
I only found 3 dead trout so they did'nt winter bad....

those trout look like they were scared to death!!!! maybe I will have to check this place out this year and see whats big enough to do that! :lol:

wheeler_1
03-31-2010, 07:17 AM
This is like Christmas eve day lol. I can't wait till tomorrow morning to toss some flies and go for the big ones again. Hope to meet a few fellow members out there.

npauls
03-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Ya mustang it will be all vantage and bow mount out there for me. I will just keep the gas motor trimmed up and not touch it. I seen a couple guys last year doing this and everything worked out alright for them. Not to sure if I will even for sure drag the boat out there. Might just save the boat for police and fish from shore at bullshead.

Couleestalker
03-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Only fished from shore last year and did just as good as the guys in boats, early season of course.

braxxtonn
03-31-2010, 03:53 PM
hey guys this is kind of a stupid question but is the berkley gulp soft bodie baits ( like the worms and such) , not allowed at bullshead ?? and what about power bait?? thanx guys , can't wait to catch some decent rainbows !!!

nicemustang
03-31-2010, 04:08 PM
From the regs...sigh:

Fishing with Bait
Bait – the definition of bait (see page 15) includes, but is not restricted to:
corn, cheese, marshmallows, meat, maggots, meal worms, earthworms,
wax worms, gammarus shrimp, leeches, terrestrial insects, the larvae,
pupae or adults of aquatic insects (e.g., stonefly, mayfly, caddis fly), bait
fish, parts of fish, fish eggs, scented baits, power baits and all additives
that scent or flavour artificial baits and lures.

Bait Ban – means where bait bans are in effect only unscented lures may
be used. In some streams, only maggots may be used as bait during certain
times of the year to allow anglers to fish for mountain whitefish with less
impact on trout populations. In some lakes, only maggots and mealworms
may be used as bait to allow anglers to fish for perch and lake whitefish
with less impact on pike populations (see Important Definitions page 15).